Chapter 34

'I trust you, Khushi! And that is the reason...' before he spoke further, she completed for him. 'That is the reason you confessed your love. I know, Arnav!' She smiled, with happy tears.

Arnav and Khushi stayed in each other's embrace, relishing the moment of togetherness, as their hearts desires were individually fulfilled. While Arnav's much awaited confession made Khushi overwhelmed, Arnav felt a huge relief crawl across him once he laid down his inner fears.

Placing a kiss on her forehead tenderly, Arnav sandwiched her right palm between his hands, and spoke, 'I promise, Khushi. I would never ever let my past shadow our future. Today is the day I want it to be closed forever.'

For the first time, Khushi moved forward, cupping his face in her hands, and kissed his cheek just below the eye, followed by the other side, before basking in his protective arms. Both sat entwined, time long forgotten, until their stomachs rumbled with hunger.

Chuckling, they parted, and Arnav grabbed her hand towards the small dining area in the house. On it, were placed, all the favourite dishes of Khushi including golgappes! Arnav saw her eyes gleam with joy, and a soft smile bloomed on his lips. This was the sight he desired to witness forever, and he would make sure of it, he promised to himself!

They ate in a single plate, feeding each other, when they were reminded of the time Dadi made them do the same during their initial days of marriage, in the name of ritual. Those days, there was no cordial relationship among the two, but now, the things had changed drastically! They were madly in love! As soon as they finished, when Khushi was about to clear the plates, Arnav caught her dupatta in between his fingers, halting her!

Surprised, she turned back to see her husband twisting the dupatta in his palms, and then with a slight tug at it, she landed straight into his arms. Guiding her arms towards his shoulder, snaking his' across her waist, Arnav took her for a small dance, her steps matching his', both swaying to their rhythms, their love being the music at the background! The air around them changed, the surroundings heated up! With eyes locked with each other, Khushi and Arnav were lost into the abyss of love, pouring out all the emotions that had been held up for so long. There was honesty, trust, respect, love, passion and desire. The need for the other was palpable! Arnav's eyes alternated between her eyes and quivering lips, that invited him as much as he wanted to relish them.

Slowly, he lowered his face, stopping a few inches near her lips, and raised his eyes to see her. He needed the assurance from her to proceed further and Khushi did not disappoint him. She closed her eyes, moving closer to him, giving him the required permission, and the next moment, Arnav captured her lips for a soul searing kiss.

They finally withdrew after few minutes with the dire need of oxygen, and glanced at each other, contentment visible on their faces, when a small tear rolled out from Khushi's cheek, which was wiped away immediately by Arnav. As the moment that transpired slowly sank in, embarrassment gradually crept across Khushi, who hid her head in his chest, listening to the thudding heart beat that paced with their intimacy, while he wrapped his protective arms around her, and placed feathery kisses on her hair.

'We need to leave now, Khushi!' He spoke, still embracing her, when he felt her relax a little.

Coming out of the hug, she nodded her head, still embarrassed to face him, when he lifted her chin, and teased, 'Khushi Singh Raizada ko sharmana bhi aata hai?' (Khushi Singh Raizada knows to be shy?)

That statement pushed her further in the puddle of awkwardness, but Arnav did not want to drag it for long. Quickly pecking her lips once more, he grabbed her hand to lead them out of the house. Khushi understood that she should get used to these romantic gestures from Arnav hereon!