Chapter 21

Though the distance Arnav traversed till the car, with his wife in his arms, was very little, she was already touched by his solicitude. Yes, a part of her still held the anger towards him, but there was another part that could not neglect the immense affection in his eyes. He seemed to be really affected by her pain. His grip on her was tight yet supportive, awkward yet comfortable.

Her hands disapproved her mind that urged her to leave his collar she was holding onto, fearing that she would lose the warmth from him.

Slowly removing his shirt under her clutches, unwillingly, she sat back on the passenger seat of the car, whilst he bent down to fasten her seatbelt, his breath fanning her face in the process, and heat emanating from her body. What was happening to her? She could not decipher, but her breathes went erratic and her heart quickened its pace, rising more questions to her already unsteady mind.

She saw him concentrated, completely on her foot, inspecting it with his eyes very often.

'Are you sure there is nothing to worry?' She heard him speak, seated next to her, all set to drive back.

'Yes', she affirmed, and noticed him relaxing in his seat and tranquility spreading over his face, while the engine roared zooming out of the hospital premises.

*****************

Arnav and Khushi reached Shantivan after a silent ride of twenty minutes. Khushi was escorted to their room by Arnav, who was more than happy to help her. And Khushi too did not deny him.

'Take rest and dont get out of the bed', he ordered that surprisingly did not irk her. She had already started admiring his concern.

'But', Khushi tried protesting but Arnav was quick enough to cut her off.

'Not a word. Just stay at one place till the pain subsides and then its your wish', he said and was about to leave when Khushi stopped him.

'How do you know that it is still paining?' She questioned innocently, though she knew the answer. She was actually enjoying the light hearted conversation with Arnav.

'Because you have been limping all the way Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada', he answered and walked out of the room.

Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada! For the first time, she liked the way he addressed her. It sounded perfect. But why? Wasn't this marriage a forced one? It was never based on trust, love and respect, the three primary things needed for any relationship to cherish. But why does she feel truly connected to the bond? She wondered.

Her lips curved into a small smile at the calm and composed Arnav she witnessed that day. She realised, he was not the rock hearted person as he appeared. There was another Arnav, the original one, hidden inside him that struggled to come out!

But her mind immediately travelled back to the day they had a fight over Dadi's revelation to Dhruv, and the curved lips turned into a pout almost instantly. Arnav was so egoistic to not ask for forgiveness yet and Khushi definitely did not appreciate it!

Pushing the duvet aside, she left the room to have some peace. Some time for herself!

********************

'Khushi? I have been searching for you the whole house and you are here?' Arnav almost yelled at her, who was inhaling the nature's pleasant air, sitting on a bench on the terrace.

She turned around to find Arnav with two cups of coffee in his hand.

'You never abide by my orders. Do you?' He sounded disappointed, but offered her a cup of coffee which she accepted.