Chapter 35

Arnav and Khushi had returned from their shopping, but there was gloominess still harboured on Arnav's face. Though he was physically present with her, his thoughts revolved around the woman he had seen near the jewellery shop where they were buying Khushi's earrings!

Handing a glass of water, Khushi sat next to him, slowly entwining their palms.

'Arnav, may be there was some misconception!' She uttered.

Nodding his head in denial, he said firmly, 'I am sure it was Anjali Bhabhi! And my search for her resulted in vain all these days, because I have been searching the wrong places!'

The stubborn look on his face, with admixed anger, created a worry inside her heart, as she knew her husband to go to any lengths to seek out Anjali and extract all the answers that she owes them!

'I shall tell Aman to send a team here for her! I am sure, I will be able to find her whereabouts in less than a week!' He spoke with grit.

'I am sure you would. But what next?' Khushi questioned, unsure about his further actions. Hence she continued, 'She is living a life she chose, Arnav. Do you think seeking her out will solve all the problems? Won't Shyam Bhai be again pushed into the depths of sorrow from which he had tried hard to come out?' She tried to reason.

'But she needs to know the repercussions of her decision!' Arnav stated, mellowing down as Khushi's questions seemed to be valid.

'Tell her the consequences and drown her into guilt?' She queried, raising her brow. 'Then there would be no difference between her and you, Arnav. If she chose to give pain to you all, telling her all these would make her guilty. Then your actions are no different than hers!'

Arnav stared into her calm eyes, as her words etched into his mind. He slowly asked, 'But she needs to give me answers, doesn't she?'

Pressing her hand tightly over his palms, Khushi replied, 'She does! You can confront her. But remember, she is not coming back to Shyam Bhai, hence she doesn't need to know what happened after she left. I would say, she neither deserves to know, nor you would tell her and commit a mistake of instilling guilt in a human! You can take it either way! The choice is yours!' Khushi spoke, whilst Arnav was impressed.

'You have solutions and explanations to every problem, don't you?' There was genuine respect and admiration in his chocolate orbs for the woman he loved.

Khushi just shrugged at his thought, when Arnav said, 'I would prefer the first choice! She doesn't deserve to know!'

Though Khushi was sad that he still chose to be furious on Anjali, she also knew that it was not easy for Arnav to move on from that incident, as he had been the witness to the sufferings of his Dad and brother.

'Laad governor!' She mouthed, as Arnav's lips broke into a smile, which erupted as a laughter later, which was joined by his wife.

************************

'Arnav are you sure it was her?' Aman questioned him for the nth time, as Arnav shared about him seeing Anjali.

'Damn you, Aman! I am done with this. Are you sending a team or not?' Arnav scowled, gripping his phone tight.

'Fine! I will do that! When are you heading back then?' He heard Aman question him.

The thought of heading back to India, leaving Khushi, stirred an uncomfortable feeling inside him. It was as if, he just acquired her, and he had to leave her side.

Just then Khushi entered the room, and their eyes locked with each other for a brief moment, both dwelling in the gloom of separation again, though temporary.