Chapter 20

Shantivan

As Arnav entered inside his house, he spotted Dadi and Dhruv chatting and laughing over something in the laptop. His eyes automatically searched for that one person whom he wanted to apologise to. She was nowhere in his vicinity.

Radha kaki, Dadi's caretaker, was passing by with a soup in her hand, and Arnav stopped her midway.

'Kaki, did you see Khushi?' He enquired.

'She had gone to the hospital. There was an emergency', she replied curtly and left the place upon him acknowledging.

Handing over his bags to HP, he left to the other corner where numerous plants were present. His own little garden! His solace!

He started taking care of the plants, forgetting the tensions and immersed completely into them, that he missed to notice Dhruv standing at the entrance.

'Bhai', he called out to Arnav with a soft voice, hesitancy evident in his tone.

Arnav turned around to find his little brother, his gait unsteady with frequent tapping of his legs, out of nervousness. It was his habit from childhood and Arnav knew that better.

Before Dhruv could utter anything, Arnav pulled him into a tight hug, caressing his brother's hairs, giving him no chance to apologise. Arnav felt that Dhruv was right to breakdown and it was him who needed to apologise and not Dhruv.

'I am sorry', Arnav said, surprising his brother. 'I know I should not have hidden about Dadi. But..' Dhruv did not let Arnav complete his sentence.

'But you did not want me to panic', Dhruv spoke the rest and tightened his hold on his Bhai. He so missed that warmth from an elder brother!

'I am sorry Bhai. I should not have spoken to you like that', Dhruv pouted but Arnav just slapped his head and said, 'You have the rights, idiot! You dont need to be sorry. And thank you for understanding my point'.

This was the sight that greeted Khushi after she returned back home from the hospital. Arnav's back was facing her, while Dhruv noticed her arrival.

'Actually Bhai. There is someone else you need to thank', Dhruv smirked, his gaze fixed on Khushi, who was embarrassed being caught by Dhruv.

Arnav scrunched his brows in confusion and slowly turned his head towards the line of Dhruv's vision, only to find his wife staring back at them.

Khushi was happy seeing the brothers getting back to normal, but her anger on Arnav did not subside. It was time that Arnav knew he was wrong and he could not blame her for everything. She had decided to forgive only if he apologised.

Both stood staring at each other, but not a word came out of Arnav's lips. His intention was to say a Sorry to her, but now when she was in front of him, words failed to form in his throat.

He walked off from the place, without thanking her even, riling her up all the more.

Arshi room:

Arnav found Khushi fiddling with her clothes in the cupboard and murmuring something that he could not decipher. By the looks of it, she sounded irritated. His eyes did not miss to notice her lips that kept chanting continuously without any pause, and her cheeks that were flushed out of anger. The only word that came to his mind was 'Cute'! A chuckle automatically left his mouth at her constant bickering.

'I really pity that person who is bestowed with your curses', he passed a sarcastic comment that caught her ears.

She threw the clothes on the bed before facing him. 'Then take pity on yourself Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Because I was cursing you', she stated.