Chapter 5

Shantivan

'Dadi!' Aman approached Subhadra Raizada who was seated in the living room reading some holy book.

'What happened Aman? Why are you shouting?'

'Dadi, I need to tell you something'

'I can see that. And you seem to be ecstatic too.' Dadi smiled and looked around him to spot her grandson. 'Where is Chote?' She asked unable to find him.

'Your Chote is at office in a very bad mood.' He laughed.

Dadi arched her eyebrows as she knew something major has definitely happened. Because if Arnav was in a bad mood, then there was no way Aman would be happy roaming in Shantivan.

'We had been to hospital today to collect Arnav's reports.' Aman started only to get a response from a panicked Dadi.

'What happened to him? Is he alright?' She queried.

'Of course Dadi. It was his regular checkup. Nothing major', he tried assuring her.

'But I need to tell you something else. I had the opportunity to see Khushi there. And I must tell you, she is not what she looks like in the photo.' Dadi frowned.

'What a perfect couple they make! You were right in choosing her. Only she can tame Arnav. God! She is the first girl who had the guts to speak against him. I thought it was only Arnav in this whole world who can touch the ultimate height of furiousness but No! Khushi is surely a step higher.' He smiled while describing the incident.

'Told you Aman. She will be the one changing my Chote'. Dadi said with pride.

'But now I wonder whether they will really agree to get married after they meet each other. If they meet once again, I am sure there will be a war', Aman put forth his fear.

'Was the fight too bad?' She enquired.

Aman let out a deep sigh and answered, 'As much as I enjoyed them being at loggerheads, I am equally worried on how they would be able to lead their married life.'

'They might have started on a bitter note but I believe that they are meant to be together forever.' Dadi said.

'How are you so sure Dadi?'

'Because Khushi is my son Arvind's choice for his son. And my son can never be wrong in judging people.' She said, though tears trickled with the thought of her late son.

'Arvind Uncle? You knew the Guptas since then?' Aman asked surprised.

'Yes.' Dadi admitted. 'Arvind and Shashi were best friends from college.'

'Woah! This is interesting. I think Arnav must know this fact. It would have been easier for you to get him agreed to this marriage.' Aman stated.

'Arnav should not know now. We will let him know when the time comes. Am I clear?' Dadi spoke in a stern voice.

Though Aman was confused, he nevertheless gave her a nod agreeing to her.

'So when are you taking the proposal to Gupta house?' Aman enquired.

'As soon as my grandson grants me the permission to step out of this house.' She exhaled. 'And I want you to make sure he does that soon', she said pointing her finger towards him.

'Why am I even dragged into this mess? Aap jaane aur aapka potha jaane!' He shrugged.
(Its upto you and your grandson)

'You are not my grandson?' Dadi asked in a childish tone as she always knew that worked. And as expected, Aman could not deny her request as he always considered Arnav's family to be his' since he was an orphan.