Chapter 42

Dadi was on cloud nine when she heard about Garima's behaviour and prayed god to keep her family happy.

While Arnav did not let Khushi out of her bed for one whole week as promised, Khushi enjoyed her time at home with the whole family pampering her, especially Garima who paid a visit to her daily. Though Garima and Khushi could not become the perfect mother and daughter, they were definitely trying. Arnav also had sobered towards Garima, respecting her for the realisation. After all, his Khushi was happy. And he wanted nothing more. Buaji had stayed in Shantivan by Arnav's request, as she was the only one who could control Khushi after him. Otherwise, Khushi would definitely have her way with the others.

It had been a month to Khushi's accident, and life in Shantivan had been merrier. Dhruv and Lavanya's marriage was about to take place in two months, and the girls were totally engrossed in shopping. When the guys pointed out that two months was actually a long time for the preparations, girls preferred to contradict.

After a whole day spent in shopping, Khushi dropped on the couch in exhaustion, all her bags lying around. She leaned over the couch and closed her eyes, when she felt a pair of hands on her forehead, trying to ease her headache.

'Feeling better?' Arnav asked, to which Khushi responded with a smile.

A few minutes later, Khushi found her headache relieved, and guided Arnav to take a seat beside her.

'Want some coffee?' Arnav offered her the cup he had in his hand, which Hari Prakash had kept sometime ago.

Khushi snatched his cup and drank a sip, the caffeine soothing her aching nerves, but the bitter taste of it definitely left a frown marring her forehead. 'I can get used to all your ways, be it crooked or straight, but never this.' Arnav tittered to her statement.

Arnav then received a phone call which he left to attend, while Khushi collected her bags proceeding towards her room, when Radhi kaki interjected. 'Khushi bitiya, Dadi is calling you.'

'Dadi, are you alright? Is there something bothering you?' Khushi spoke worried.

'No Khushi bitiya! I am absolutely fine. But seems like you have forgotten something important', Dadi remarked.

Seeing Khushi's confused stare, she continued, 'Tomorrow it is your wedding anniversary. But there seems to be no preparations for the celebration.'

Smiling awkwardly, Khushi settled herself near Dadi. 'I know, Dadi. But you know Arnav. He does not believe in celebrating them. So I was thinking to keep it simple'.

'Don't mind Chote, Bitiya. He is not used to all these', Dadi apologised on her grandson's behalf, palming Khushi's cheeks.

'I understand Dadi', Khushi assured. 'And I do not have any complaints.'

'God bless you!' Dadi blessed for their unity.

***************************

It was late in the night that Arnav entered their bedroom, and found Khushi in her night dress, applying moisturiser on her hands. He stood admiring her, leaning at the door.

Throwing a simple smile at him, she continued, when she felt Arnav's hands slowly caressing her bare arms, his lips touching the crook of her neck. She turned around, her face plastered to his chest, while he cupped her face in his palms, and gently placed a long kiss on her forehead. He angled her head towards him, and slowly captured her lips in a mind numbing kiss. They both parted after a few minutes due to the dire need of oxygen, when Khushi hid her face in the crook of his neck, a shy smile forming on her lips. Arnav slowly lifted her off the ground, and marched towards the bed, where he laid her down, hovering above her, and placed numerous kisses on her face, before drowning themselves in the throes of passion, making love to each other.