Chapter 2

'Khushi, Dr. Khushi Gupta'

Aman took the photo from Dadi's hand and had a look into it as if analysing whether she was a best suitor for his best friend.

'She is beautiful. But are you sure about her? Will she able to handle Arnav's tantrums? Because she looks calm and naive to me.' Aman commented handing the photo back to Dadi.

'Of course she is calm and naive. Totally opposite to our Chote.' She chuckled while Aman frowned.

'But if the situation demands, she really knows how to take control. She is the only person who can match Chote's tantrums. I am sure of that. She is kind hearted and very much sensible. She can handle Chote perfectly and I have full faith that she would even bring back my old Chote' Dadi could not stop herself from praising Khushi.

'You met her?' Aman asked wondering how Dadi knew her so well.

'Yes, a couple of times. When Shashi was alive.' She sighed.

'Shashi? Her father?' He asked.

Dadi nodded and continued, 'Late Shashi Gupta, the owner of Gupta industries'. She clarified.

'Gupta industries? Always among the top 5 companies in India? If I am not wrong, it is being handled by Mrs. Garima Gupta after the demise of her husband some 2 years back.' Aman wanted to get it clear.

'Yeah, the same.'

'But Dadi, Arnav is not willingly getting into this. Do you think he will be able to live happily?'

'Trust me Aman. Chote will get back to his old self and she will help us in doing that. You think I will put my grandson's life at stake?' Dadi assured looking at the photo.

'And about her? Will she agree to get married if she comes to know all these?' Aman was skeptical, hence he wanted to clear his mind.

'She will accept this proposal. Infact she has to and I exactly know what to do for that.' Dadi said determined.

'What do you mean by she has to? Dadi, you cannot force both of them into this. Atleast one must be willing to give their hundred percent for this relationship. If both are poles apart and being forced, then the outcome will be very drastic. You cannot do this. I dont have a good feeling about this.' Aman scowled.

'Aman, I know what I am doing. I too never wanted an imposed marriage for Chote. But if he stays adamant, then I cannot help it. Do you want your friend to live in the past and never move on?' Dadi equally yelled.

Composing himself, Aman said, 'I want the best for him. What if this marriage turns out to be very much different than we think. What if things dont work out?'

'Things will work out and we will make sure of that. And regarding Khushi, just remember that no one can match our Chote than her. I would rather say that their marriage was always meant to happen.'

Aman was confused by her words, but still not pondering much about it, he left the room, mentally noting to take a look into the progress of the Gupta industries and also to enquire about Khushi Gupta.

City hospital Canteen, New Delhi

'There you are! I have been searching for you in the whole hospital and here you are having your morning coffee?' A girl in mid twenties approached her friend, with a pile of books in her hand and banged them on the table.

'What is so urgent that you had to search the entire hospital?' The other one, a lean, fair skinned girl, wondered, raising her eyebrows.

'That Rahul Mehra has been pestering me to know your whereabouts. Tell me one thing. How do you manage to capture all these boys' hearts? Give me an idea too. No one notices me yaar.' She pouted.