Chapter 4

City Hospital, New Delhi

'Hey Khushi', greeted a handsome man, who looked not more than twenty five with a dazzling smile on his face.

'Hi Rohan! You are joining me for the class by Dr. Mittal?' asked Khushi with a glint of happiness in her eyes. Dr. Mittal was one of the strict doctors in the hospital who pounced upon all his juniors for even a single mistake and she did not want to be the only one taking his wrath. She wished for some company.

'Yeah. I was worried whether I will be the only one to be a scapegoat, but thank god you are here'. Rohan commented.

'Same feel here', Khushi laughed.

Rohan looked around as if finding someone there and asked her, 'Where is that friend of yours who always sticks to you like a gel?'

Khushi arched her eyebrows trying to comprehend whom was he talking about before realisation dawned. 'Oh Naina! She has gone for her daily rounds. Lucky she', she muttered.

'Oh'

'Why do I feel you were expecting her to be here?' Khushi teased her friend.

'Of course not. I just asked you about her because she never lets you alone.' He shrugged before muttering, 'In peace'.

Khushi chuckled at his comment and both left for the class.

After their class, on their way back, Khushi and Rohan noticed a group of people surrounded near the receptionist desk. Scrunching their eyebrows, they neared the crowd to look into what the matter was. They could only hear voices from the distance they stood.

'Do you know who I am?' Roared a man, with a hoarse voice, which held all the power in the universe. It had the strength to subdue everyone.

'I am really sorry sir', another voice which sounded like the receptionist's, was heard.

Khushi and Rohan approached still further only to see two men dressed in black three piece suits, lashing out at the nurses and the receptionist.

Khushi could decipher that there has been a mistake by the hospital staff and the two men were questioning them. But mistakes were bound to happen sometimes, what was the need to create a scene when they were apologising! She wondered. Moreover they had gathered a huge crowd too.

'Sir, please forgive us. The person who came earlier collected your reports by mistake and you had received his'. I am really sorry for the blunder. Please dont inform this to the management. I would lose my job.' The receptionist was pleading them with folded hands.

'You should get fired. People irresponsible like you must not be given any job. How dare you change the reports! What if something had happened?', the man who was handsome among the two spoke, whom Khushi recognised to be the one with hoarse voice.

The other one beside him, tried to control his friend, but in vain.

'Arnav, lets leave this here. Lets not drag it anymore. We have got the right reports now and I think we should make a move'.

The handsome one shoved off his hands from gripping him and snarled at the receptionist.
'I am taking this to the management and I shall see how you stick to this job'. He warned her with a finger pointing towards her.

'Aman, I want this woman fired.' Said Arnav turning to his friend with all the authority.

'Excuse me Mr.' came a voice from the crowd, taking the attention of everyone present there. It was none other than Khushi.

Khushi came forward, face to face with Arnav. Both Arnav and Aman stood speechless at the girl in front of them for a few seconds before composing themselves. While Arnav wondered who was it daring to speak against him, Aman could not believe his eyes on seeing his to be Bhabhi in person for the first time. That too in a totally different avatar than what he deciphered from the photo.