Chapter 41

As Arnav planned, the youngsters gathered themselves for a picnic in the outskirts of Delhi. A day out in the woods! The temperate climate providing the perfect weather for their outing. They basked in the warmth, playing few games, teasing each other and even bickering about their tight schedules for a while. It was late afternoon, after lunch, that they all settled themselves down on a huge mat that they had spread for them. Khushi felt a slight movement beside her, and the next instant, Arnav was lying on her lap, tranquility spread across his face. His smile brought a smile on her lips, along with it, the peace settled in her heart, for the immense support provided by him. She knew, that this outing was to cheer her up, as her husband could never see her disappointed. She was trying! Trying hard to come out of the guilt and accept the things as they are! During the revelation about her mother, it was just about her birth, but the current situation was questioning her whole existence. Khushi needed some time to let herself out of it, and the people around her were more than understanding.

Her gaze lingered on Lavanya, who was blushing profusely, probably because of Dhruv's remarks, and her resolve to fight all odds just strengthened. She could not wait to see them married soon!

Her eyes then moved to the Naina and Aman in the crowd, who were very close to her and her husband respectively. She did not miss to notice Naina's eyes wandering across Aman's face while he talked with Arnav. Was she right in her thinking? Aman and Naina's disappearances lately could not be a coincidence. She was too much tangled in her own sorrows to pay attention to their lives. When her doubts started blooming, they were confirmed when she saw that Aman's hand had found Naina's stealthily, and the colour of Naina's cheeks turned a hue brighter. Instantaneously, a huge grin spread across her face, rejoicing at the new found information. As if on cue, she met her eyes with her husband's, who also happened to notice the gesture of their friends, and a chuckle erupted from her throat. 'Love is in the air!' She heard him comment, rather whisper only to her ears, while the other two couples drowned themselves in love.

Noticing that all were immersed amongst each other, Arnav picked up Khushi's hand in his' and made his way to a nearby bench, a little away from the others.

'Arnav! What are you doing?' Khushi chided.

'They are enjoying themselves, so thought why not we have some 'our' time?' Arnav whispered in her ears, pulling her close with his arms on her waist, her back to his front.

Khushi closed her eyes in content, experiencing the cool breeze that touched her. Both sat on the bench, plastered to each other, waiting for the sun to set. 'I just want this moment to freeze!' She expressed.

Placing a kiss on her cheeks, inhaling her jasmine scent, Arnav brought her more closer, and said, 'I want to see this serenity on your face forever, Khushi. And I would do anything for that!' He promised.

His promise was not something new for her, and she also knew that he would fulfil each one of his promises! Her heart felt at ease, her worries and insecurities exiting from her body slowly.

Arnav's hand found its way under her T- shirt, slowly caressing it, but Khushi slapped his hand, stopping him from his advancements. 'Mr. Raizada! Have some shame!' She chided. 'Don't you think you have become very bold nowadays?' Khushi questioned, laughing.

'Biwi ho tum meri! Haq hai mera!' He said, winking at her, while blush crept up her cheeks. (You are my wife and I have the right!)

'But this is not our bedroom'.

'Bedroom hota toh chaltha?' He quipped. (It would be okay if this was our bedroom?)

'Shameless Raizada', Khushi admonished, to which Arnav stifled a chuckle.