Chapter 8

Shantivan

'Arnav, are you not ready yet?' Arnav heard Aman who managed to barge into his room, while he was busy wearing his suit getting ready for the office.

'Guess you are excited for something?' Arnav arched his eyebrows.

'My friend is gonna meet his prospective bride. Why wouldn't I be excited?' Aman asked.

Arnav gave a quizzical look to him till it stroke his mind that indeed he was supposed to meet Khushi Gupta. He was not exactly interested about the meet but he definitely had somethings to clear with her.

'I am not going for a war Aman', chided Arnav totally irritated at the way Aman kept nagging about his choice of clothes for the occasion etc.

Aman laughed at his friend, but then replied teasing, 'Well it will be no less than a war. I am sure'. He smirked.

Arnav frowned at his friend, who nowadays spoke irrelevantly but nevertheless ignored him attributing to the craziness he possessed.

'I am getting late', Arnav snatched his phone from Aman, who stopped him at his doorstep to earn another glare from Arnav.

'Wont you know the place where you get to meet her?'

'Spit it', Arnav gritted.

'Elite Restaurant at 5pm', Aman replied, 'I saved her number in your phone. Just in case', he winked and barged out of the room again not to get caught and beaten up by his best friend.

'What the!' Was all Arnav could yell before he left for his office.

*********************

Elite Restaurant, 5.05 pm

'I have reached Buaji. You dont need to scold me for being 5 minutes late', Khushi informed through the phone rushing inside.

'Raizadas believe in punctuality', Madhumati stated.

'Then he must get adapted to not being punctual. I dont own a company to leave at anytime I could', she spat.

'Ok ok cool. Aman told me that he would wait at Table No. 36', Madhumati informed.

'Aman? Oh the groom!' Khushi thought and smacked herself for not even asking his name prior. 'Fine', said Khushi already searching for the table.

Khushi was informed the venue by her Buaji and after her duty in the hospital, she was strictly advised to rush back home to get ready and then meet the groom.

Cursing her fate, she did as told and the result was her in a pink salwar that looked simple but elegant. The contrasting colour of her salwar to that of her white face, enhanced her features well. Any onlooker would comment her to be gorgeous and that was the exact agenda of Buaji for today. Inspite of all this, will that one particular person appreciate her? That was a question yet to be answered.

She walked towards the Table No. 36 as mentioned by her Buaji, to find no one. She looked around only to spot a familiar figure sitting exactly two tables ahead and waiting for someone.

Scrunching her eyebrows to take a look, all she could do was to gawk and gasp in surprise. What the hell was Arnav Singh Raizada doing here? These days he had become an element of surprise to her. Wherever she went, she spotted him to be around.

'God! I am sure this day will not be good for me', she murmured. But why did she care? She was there for totally different purpose and just hoped it went well. Silently praying not to spoil her mood by indulging in any of the arguments with him, she quickly made her way towards her table, wishing for the prospective groom to arrive soon.