Chapter 22

Gupta Mansion

It was a Sunday morning and Arnav, Khushi along with Dhruv had thought of paying a visit to Guptas, to enquire about Lavanya's injury.

'These are for you', Dhruv Singh Raizada forwarded a bouquet of flowers to Lavanya Gupta.

'They are my favourite flowers', she chirped, inspecting the various coloured tulips.

'Exquisite', he mouthed, the word coming out as a whisper but strong enough to create ripples in Lavanya's heart. His eyes bored into hers and she knew that his complement was directed towards her and not the flowers.

She passed him a shy smile, lowering her eyelashes, and her hands clutching the bouquet tight bringing it close to her heart. Her hand was still plastered, but was functioning well.

'When are you getting this removed?' Dhruv asked pointing to the cast.

'Two days later. I cant wait to be back at work', Lavanya answered, while Dhruv's heart did a happy dance.

The other side of the house, Arnav was taking a stroll, when he saw some family photos being hung. Approaching them, he took a photo that probably had the entire Gupta family.

While he was admiring it, he heard Garima speak, 'Thats the last photo we ever took as a family!'

There was a small smile on her face, looking at the picture, probably reminiscing those days. Arnav stared at her amused, as this was the first time that he was having a normal conversation with Garima.

'He must be Shashi Uncle', Arnav pointed to a face and saw Garima nodding in acceptance.

His eyes went back to two older people, along with the Guptas. 'They are..' he trailed off, while Garima answered.

'My parents. Mr. Ramnath Malik and Mrs. Shyamala Malik'. Arnav noticed her tone changing soft and laced with pain.

'They live in Lucknow', she further continued.

'Khushi did her schooling there, didn't she?' He asked, as Garima nodded slowly, her tender looks suddenly masked with an emotionless face.

Though Arnav wondered, he did not probe much, as he thought he was overthinking.

'Excuse me!' She said abruptly leaving him, and made her way into the study.

Arnav kept staring at the picture, his fingers tracing the little girl, who was standing between her grandparents. That charming smile of hers was enough for him to identify it as Khushi. Hips lips curved into a warm smile, as he stood admiring his wife.

**********************

AR Designs

'Looking forward to work with you ASR!' Mr. Patel, an elderly man shook hands with Arnav, teaming up for a new project with AR.

'I assure, you will have the best experience working with us!' Arnav sealed the deal for the project that was to take his company to further heights.

'Congrats Arnav!' Aman hugged him as soon as Mr. Patel dispersed, elated with their new achievement.

'Congrats to you too!' Arnav hugged his best friend, both rejoicing.

'That means you will have to leave to Mumbai the next week', Aman stated as a matter of fact, while Arnav nodded sulking.

'You dont seem happy!' Aman stated rather than questioning his friend.

Arnav exhaled and replied, 'I dont know, Aman. Dadi, Khushi, Dhruv, I just dont feel like going!'