Chapter 12

It was almost a week since the engagement happened but there was no progress with the couple. Their life was more than regular and if thoughts of their partners intervened occasionally, they successfully managed to wave them off.

Lavanya and Dhruv too have joined AR, and were always at loggerheads! Sometimes, it would really become difficult for Aman to settle their issues that Arnav had to step in to control them. Most of the times, Dhruv sounded silly to Arnav and hence he took Lavanya's side, thus becoming her favourite and started him Jeeju in the office too, which Dhruv surely did not like! Yes, he was way too possessive about his brother!

It was one such evening at AR, when Aman barged into Arnav's cabin, without prior notice, as usual, with a worried look on his face.

'Arnav, we need to leave to Agra right now', he commanded.

The moment Arnav heard Agra, he rose up to his feet with panic mirroring that of Aman's.

Without any further questions, Arnav and Aman left to Agra informing their assistants to look out for anything in the office. They even strictly informed them not to disturb.

'Are they gone again? God! I had to get these signatures from ASR!!' Pam, AR's designer head whined to her friend Sim.

'They get absconded in a brink usually', Sim shrugged.

'But what is it that none of us knows?' Another colleague wondered.

'Must be personal', another colleague whispered.

'What is so personal that these two just go off uninformed? And dont you think its quite often nowadays?' Pam enquired.

'Yeah, this has been going on for 6 months now. They just disappear all of a sudden', Sim agreed.

'And the next day we get to face ASR's wrath! That scares me the most!' Pam shuddered.

The employees kept contemplating about the whereabouts of their employer, like in any other office. They are called the gossipmongers and take absolute pleasure to poke into other's personal lives!

But there was one person who remained clueless inspite of being family. Dhruv stood contemplating on where did his brother go. And why was he not informed.

'Bhai did not inform me too', he wondered to himself.

'Why should he? You are not someone so special!' Lavanya mocked.

'I am his own brother! Unlike you!'

'I am his wife's sister!'

'Not yet!' Dhruv waved her off and went, his thoughts still not comprehending the situation.

He was scared that if his brother was hiding anything from him. He decided to look into it personally after their arrival. What was it so important that Aman knew about it and he did not! This surely wondered Dhruv.

***************

Khushi too was in Agra for a medical camp organised by the hospital. She was there with her friends including Rohan and Rahul but unfortunately Naina could not join them as she had to attend her cousin's wedding.

'Hey', Rahul approached her. She smiled at him.

'I heard you are getting married', he stated.

The thoughts of her marriage with Arnav Singh Raizada took her to the days they both fought and even to her engagement. Her glance automatically travelled to the ring on her finger.

'Yes', she replied in a whisper.

Rahul just nodded his head at her. He was still not over her. He loved her and something pricked in his heart when she was about to get married.