Chapter 16

Khushi spent her day in her mayka with Buaji pampering her to bits, and she enjoying her time with Lavanya and Naina.

She even filled in the details of her married life to Naina who was still unsure and unsatisfied with her marriage. She wanted her friend to get the best but she was stuck up with Arnav Singh Raizada. She sincerely wished for them to unite as a couple soon. She even observed Khushi supporting her husband in few instances, which gave a hope to her that Khushi would sort the mess they had gotten themselves into.

It was the ritual that Arnav had to pick her up in the evening but Khushi was not sure whether he would even consider that.

'Khushi, is Arnav going to come and pick you up?' Her buaji had asked and she had no answers. She said she would check with Arnav once and let her know. Buaji did not doubt much she was well aware of their relationship and knew that things would take time to progress.

Garima kept herself busy in her office, not bothering about Khushi's presence and her Pagphera in Gupta mansion.

It was late in the evening and Khushi called Arnav only for it to go into voicemail!

Right then, she received a call from Dhruv. Without waiting for him to speak, she started complaining, 'Dhruv! Thank god you called! Where is your brother? Is he coming to pick me up or not? Let him know that I am his responsibility now. He could not just dismiss me'.

'What the!' Khushi heard from the other side and checked the caller id again.

'Dhruv?' She queried, albeit knowing it was Arnav.

'Arnav!' He replied curtly. 'I know my responsibilities and you dont need to remind them'.

'Then why dint you answer my phone?' She demanded.

'Because the battery has drained. I will come to your house to pick you up. But I will be late. Heading out for an important meeting and it will take around 9pm'.

'Fine', said Khushi and cut the call.

'Wah Bhai! Dint know you give explanations too!' Dhruv exclaimed, twitching his brows in tease.

'Wives are always exceptional Dhruv. You wont understand!' Aman teased sitting at the backseat of the car Arnav was driving.

Arnav just rolled his eyes at the two for misinterpreting his gestures! He was just being responsible in his language. But was that it? Well, that was for him to realise gradually!

********************

After dropping Aman at his house, Arnav and Dhruv headed to Gupta mansion to pick up Khushi while Dhruv spotted Lavanya, Khushi and Naina eating pani puris in a nearby stall.

'Unbelievable', Arnav muttered while Dhruv stifled a chuckle at his brother. His brother was not a fan of outside food, especially the street side ones!

'Khushi', he roared, anger clearly visible in his eyes.

The trio were startled by his loud voice and slowly turned around to find Arnav fuming. But what caught Dhruv's attention was the spilled pani of the puri on Khushi by his sudden shout.

He chuckled inwardly earning a sharp glare from Arnav.

Arnav's blazing anger vanished into thin air when he too caught Khushi in a perplexed mode, staring at him, as if she had seen some ghost. A small smile broke on his lips at her attire. She was crazy, he mused!

Trying to appear as stern as possible, Arnav questioned the three girls. 'May I know what are you doing here at this hour of the night?'

Khushi quickly composed herself before answering her husband. She was definitely upset that he had spoiled her dress! 'To add some spice to my life which was turning out bland', she answered roughly.