Chapter 40

AR Fashions, Arnav's cabin

Arnav was checking few designs given by the designing team for their next fashion show, who seemed to have not done that much of a good job, which was evident by the frown on his face, when he heard his cabin door being knocked.

'Come in', he said absentmindedly, mentally noting to screw the designers for their mediocre efforts.

He smelt a familiar fragrance in the air, which indicated the arrival of the only person who had the power to control him, the one he doesn't want to live without nowadays.

Proving his guess right, Khushi stood near the door with her arms crossed, with her ever radiant smile spread on her lips.

'Khushi, how many times should I tell you that you don't need to knock?' Arnav chided, making his way to his wife, welcoming her.

'And you know I wouldn't listen to you', She shrugged, 'Why bother?'

Arnav sighed and led her to the couch.

'So what brings the doctor here? Missing me?' Arnav winked, placing a quick peck on her cheeks.

Khushi's cheeks flushed while she stopped him from advancing further with her hand on his chest. 'Behave Mr. Raizada', and continued, 'Dhruv called me here'.

'Dhruv?' Arnav straightened himself with a frown. Just then they heard another knock on the door from which entered Dhruv and Lavanya, whose hands were trembling with nervousness.

'Guys, what is happening?' Asked Arnav raising his brow, while Khushi mirrored his expression.

'We... we have something to share', Dhruv started, trying to gather the courage, while Lavanya slowly entwined her fingers with his'.
Arnav and Khushi did not miss the little gesture between the two. While Arnav completely relaxed knowing well what was coming their way, Khushi's confusion doubled.

'We were meaning to tell you this since long. We did not want to keep you in the dark. But we wanted to be sure', Dhruv spoke when he noticed Arnav smirking and abruptly stopped.

Khushi diverted her gaze towards Arnav, still confused. 'Arnav, what is happening?'

Chuckling softly, Arnav drew Khushi closer towards him, with his hand on her waist. 'I am enjoying this'.

'Jeeju, you know?' Lavanya wondered, throwing a glare towards Dhruv, whom she assumed might have let Arnav know.

'What? Don't look at me! I didn't tell him anything!' Dhruv shrieked. 'Bhai?'

'Stop it!' Khushi interrupted, 'Out with it!' She gave a pointed look towards Dhruv and Lavanya. 

'Di, we love each other and we want to get married', Lavanya finally spoke.

Khushi's eyes were round like a saucer staring at the two with her mouth wide opened. She shot a look at Arnav who was grinning. Slowly, he raised from his seat, and engulfed Dhruv and Lavanya in a bear hug.

'Finally! I was waiting for you guys to confess since long!' He exclaimed, patting their backs gently.

'You knew?' The three spoke in unison. 

'I had my doubts!' Arnav admitted. 'Anyways I am so happy for you!'

'Di?' Lavanya called out her sister who still had not spoken anything about them.

Just then, the three saw a lone tear escaping the corner of Khushi's eye, and a smile blooming on her lips, 'I am so so happy. I can't even put it in words' and she engulfed them again in a hug, which was joined by Arnav.