Chapter 39

'Lavanya?' Khushi rushed to her sister, who sat on the living room couch, her face marred by nervousness.

'What happened?' Khushi asked cupping her sister's face, herself worried about her sudden visit to Shantivan.

'Di, Gupta industries is in great trouble. Since few days Maa was stressed out. She was holding back to back meetings and came home late. I tried asking her the issue, but she just wavered it off saying it was nothing. But she was too much stressed. Yesterday, I saw her coming home late at night, dejected. She was crying. And when I went to her room, to enquire, she was weeping with dad's photo in her hand. She was apologising to him for letting him down. That she is losing the company he had strived to build', Lavanya paused and again continued, 'So I called her manager and he told that we were facing losses since few months and our shareholders have also been withdrawing. Mom has no choice than to shut our business!' Once Lavanya finished narrating the events, the colour of Khushi's face drained slowly, marred by concern and distress. She turned to her husband who had been by their side throughout, and found his assuring eyes gazing back at her. They no longer needed words to communicate, as their eyes conveyed enough.

Arnav rose from his seat, simultaneously fishing his phone out of his pocket, to make a few calls, while Khushi consoled Lavanya.

**********************

ArShi's room:

'Arnav, are you sure?' Khushi asked for the nth time.

Sighing, he questioned, 'Do you trust me?'

'More than myself!' Khushi replied firmly without any hesitancy.

A small smile curved on Arnav's lips and he drew her closer by her waist. Placing a quick kiss on her forehead, he said, 'Then let me get this sorted. Relax yourself!'

Khushi's eyes lighted up with his assurance. 'I will go to Gupta Mansion. Lavanya and Buaji need me!'

'Sure. But do not stress yourself much, alright? Take care!' He said palming her cheek.

'Okay, Mr. Worrywart! I will take care of myself', Khushi rolled her eyes as Arnav laughed.

************************

AR Fashions

'I need all the details, Aman! Please arrange a meeting with Mr. Goyal too. We will need his inputs too.' Arnav informed Aman, who was mentally noting down everything.

'Arnav, are you sure we will be able to handle this?' Aman questioned unsure.

Sighing, Arnav replied, 'I don't know. But we cannot let go of this. It is Khushi's father's dream, and I do not want to let go of any single opportunity that can bring it back!'

While Arnav and Aman were discussing, Arnav's intercom rang.

'Sir, Mrs. Gupta has come here to visit you!' He heard the receptionist say.

'Let her in immediately', Arnav commanded and waited for his mother-in- law at the door.

As soon as she entered inside his cabin, she queried, 'Arnav! Am I hearing it right? You are planning to buy all the shares?'

'Yes, Mrs. Gupta!'

'But why?'

'Because that way it remains in the family', Arnav explained.

'I cannot be that selfish to let you do this! Do you have any idea what would happen if people get to know this? Your reputation will be at stake!' Garima scowled.

'It doesn't bother me, Mrs. Gupta. This was Khushi's father's dream and I would never let it down!' Arnav calmly replied.

'But you are endangering your own company! Your clients will lose their trust in you!' Garima exhaled.