Chapter 11

The engagement date neared and the bride and the groom showed no nervousness unlike any other couple. They infact never considered it to be a big occasion. Instead they busied themselves more, trying to get away from the preparations.

'Arnav, its your engagement tomorrow. Do you even remember that?' Snapped Aman, totally baffled at his friend's presence in the office at 10 pm in the night.

Arnav rolled his eyes at his overreacting nature.

'I know Aman, and hence I am here completing my work. Dadi has strictly warned me to stay at home tomorrow', Arnav spoke disinterested.

'Oh god Arnav! You cant be this inconsiderate. Atleast show some signs of getting married. Moreover, we must be having a party now. Kya patha kal tum apne Khushi ke ho jaaoge, aur humaare saath waqt bitha paoge ya nahin!' Aman wondered teasingly. (Who knows! You will be your wife's tomorrow and will we be able to enjoy?)

'Stop your melodrama Aman!', chided Arnav.

'Fine, I give up. But honestly, you should not be here Arnav. Its your engagement tomorrow and you need to present yourself well. You cant go stand there with tired face'.

'As if I am supposed to impress someone', Arnav mocked.

'Of course! You are ought to impress Bhabhi!' Aman squealed.

'Bhabhi?' Arnav asked incredulously.

'Yeah, Khushi Bhabhi. Ab tera patni meri Bhabhi hi banegi na?' (Your wife will be my Bhabhi right?)

The word Bhabhi, surely created havoc in Arnav's mind. His cooled expressions suddenly changed into a rage filled ones. His veins were clearly visible in his skin.

Arnav's sharp glare towards Aman alerted him immediately. He realised his folly. Before he could correct himself, Arnav gritted out, 'Stop building relations Aman. We both know that they wont do us any good. It will be better if I dont hear that from your mouth further!'

'I am sorry Arnav', Aman murmured silently to an angry Arnav who had left the room by then.

'I wish you soon realise your mistakes and change the way towards life. I just hope you dont hurt Khushi in the process', he whispered to himself, silently praying for his friend's peaceful life.

****************

Shantivan

A completely enraged Arnav stormed into his house followed by Aman who tried to catch up to his friend. He so wanted to apologise. He knew he had pricked the wrong nerve, but what could he do! It was so spontaneous that he did not realise his mistake until Arnav pointed it out.

'Dadi! How have you been? Its been so long! Where are Bhaiyas by the way?' A loud cheerful voice welcomed the two, taking them by surprise. The voice was not new to them, but they did not expect that particular person to be here, at this time, that too with their lives in chaos.

'Dhruv?' A shocked whisper left Arnav's mouth, as soon as he saw his cousin from Australia hugging his Dadi.

'Its been so long Dhruv! I missed you!' Dadi sobbed in his arms.

'Arre Dadi! Why do you start your dam whenever I come home? Do you think I like it when you cry? Come on sweetheart, give that sweet smile of yours', commanded a chirpy Dhruv.

Dadi quickly composed herself and gave a bright smile.

'Bhai!' Dhruv screamed at Arnav, rushing towards him and engulfed him in a bear hug.

Arnav came out of his shock and completing the hug, asked Aman through his eyes whether he knew anything about his arrival!

Aman quickly nodded a no, but that did not put Arnav at rest. Dhruv at this situation, at home, was the least that Arnav expected to happen. He successfully managed to keep him out of all the chaos these years, but looks like he can no more afford to keep them a secret. Now this his brother was present himself to witness everything!