Chapter 15

Khushi stretched her arms widely in air after a good night's sleep and slowly opened her eyes to sit up straight in shock. It took time for her to get used to the surroundings and then her gaze went to her mangalsutra on the neck. Reality hit her and she could see Arnav still sleeping beside her. He was lying on his stomach with his lips forming a mild pout, his one hand under his pillow.

'He looks so serene while sleeping, but as soon as he opens his eyes, he becomes a Rakshas, a Laad governor', she muttered and then pushing the duvet apart, she made her way to the poolside to take a proper look at her new room. Last night, it was too dark to notice anything.

She observed the room consisted mostly of white and grey colours, just like his mood, dull.

Just then, she heard a knock on her door and opened to find Radha Kaki, Dadi's caretaker.

'Khushi beta, Dadi has called you down for the pooja and your rituals', She informed.

'Just give me few minutes Kaki. I shall freshen up and come', Khushi closed the door behind her and left to get ready for the new life!

She walked out of the washroom to find Arnav still sleeping and glanced at the clock. It stuck 7 am and wondered what was his usual time to wake up.

As in cue, he tossed in his bed, showing signs of waking up and Khushi quickly resumed to get ready.

He observed the new changes in his room and then realised that his life had changed from today and he had a person whom he shared his room with!

'You are ready?' Arnav questioned her.

Khushi saw him through the mirror and replied in a stern tone, 'I dont sleep till late.'

Arnav checked the clock once to ensure he was not late. It was just seven and this girl had took it upon herself to start the regular banter.

But he was not the one to keep quiet without giving back to her. 'Yeah right. That day I spoke to the other Khushi who cribbed about waking her up early in the morning. At 8am!'

Khushi was little embarrassed and Arnav's smirk did not leave his lips! The dose was over for today! He thought.

She made her way to go downstairs when Arnav stopped her. 'Where are you going?'

Khushi turned around and sighed before replying, 'Dadi has called me. I need to go'.

Arnav nodded and again stopped her. She arched her brows questioning what was it.

'Dont tell about Dadi's illness to Dhruv. He does not know anything about it'.

'What?'

'Dont be so surprised Khushi. He will break down if he gets to know. Just be careful around him'.

'Dont you think its wrong to hide such a big fact from him?' Khushi questioned.

'I dont think so. Because my brother cannot handle another grief that is about to strike us'.

'What if he gets to know via someone else? Do you think he will be able to take that? I think you must let him know Arnav! He will need you but I am sure he is matured enough to handle the truth'.

Arnav clenched his fists in anger as he was irritated at her giving him advices about what he must do.

He reached her in few long strides and standing just few inches apart from her, he warned her. 'It was a pact between us to not interfere. Remember? So just follow what I say. I know what is best for my brother! You dont need to tell me! No one dictates Arnav Singh Raizada! No one!'