Chapter 19

'Bhai! How could you do this?' Arnav looked up from his laptop to find Dhruv standing with tears in his eyes and with an accusation look.

'Dhruv? What happened?' Arnav strode towards his brother, fearing the worst.

'Dhruv! Please! Let me explain', Khushi came running inside her room, to pacify Dhruv.

'Bhabhi please!' He held his hand out stopping her from uttering anything further.

'Will anyone tell me whats happening?' Arnav yelled, bringing the two to a standstill.

'You hid about Dadi Bhai. Why dint you not let me know about her? Am I not her grandson? Dont I possess the right to know each and everything about her? She is dying, Bhai. And the whole world knows this except me!' Dhruv yelled back.

He looked at Arnav in his eyes, pain of betrayal visible, and asked, 'Itna paraaya ho gaya main? Maantha hoon saga nahin hoon. Par hoon toh aapka bhai na? Shyam bhai aur dadi, donon ke baare mein kuch nahin bathaaya aapne!' Dhruv's throat clogged with hurt and anguish.
(Am I a stranger? I am not your own brother, but I am one right? You hid about Shyam bhai and dadi)

Arnav's eyes widened with shock, unable to decipher how he knew the truth. His gaze went to Khushi who stood among them, nervous and worried. His fingers formed a fist with anger, that she had disclosed even after his denial, but before that, he knew, he had to console his brother, who felt cheated. He expected dreadful reaction from Dhruv, but he never expected that he would not be the one to disclose it to his brother.

'Dhruv, listen to me! I... I did not want to worry you. I was about to tell you, but you had come home just now and...' Arnav could find no words to even justify himself. He knew he was wrong to hide this fact, but his intentions were never wrong.

Dhruv was not in a state to listen to anything. He was beyond hurt. 'Please stop it Bhai. I dont need to hear any excuses. What you did was wrong, and I dont think I can forget this', he said and stormed out of the room, paying no heed to Arnav who tried to stop him.

Khushi was left in tears, witnessing the brothers fight. She too did not want Dhruv to be upset over this fact. To be upset on anyone!

'You did this, dint you?' She felt a sudden pull on her arm, and was turned around forcefully to face her husband.

She hissed due to pain he was inflicting unknowingly on her arms, because of his rage.

'Arnav', she tried to speak but was cut off by him.

'Not a word, Khushi!' He pointed a finger at her. 'You did this to revenge me. I trusted you, but you cheated me. I know we have many problems among us, and our relationship is not perfect. But cant you respect the relationship you share with the members of this family? Why? Why Khushi? If you were to take revenge, why did you bring Dhruv into this?' He questioned, unaware that all his accusations were baseless, and that his wife was not the culprit.

Khushi's vision blurred, as the pool of  tears formed a film in front of her eyes, masking her from witnessing the fury and pain in Arnav's chocolate brown orbs.

'You are hurting me dammit!' She bellowed, finally coming out of his grip. 'You really think I have told all that to Dhruv? Then you are wrong Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. He happened to hear when me and Dadi were discussing. And I respect this family as much as you do'.

Arnav shot a glare at her, his nerves heating up, wanting a drive badly to cool his senses, to handle the situation. Hence he picked up his car keys and left the room, leaving their conversation, unfinished.

She immediately dialled Aman and explained the whole situation, fearing about Arnav.

'Aman, I am scared. He was so angry and left in his car. I hope he is safe'.