Chapter 14

The other days passed in a jiffy and finally it was the marriage. All the rituals were held at their respective houses, but Arnav was least pleased with all the rituals he was made to do.

Arnav and Khushi too did not converse, but Khushi observed that Rahul was never seen in the hospital after the incident. She somewhere knew, Arnav was behind his disappearance but why and how were still the questions lingering on her mind.

She thought to ask Arnav but could not gather enough courage and proofs to question him, lest he would pounce on her.

Her heart started growing a soft corner for him, after the incident. He was not that bad, she thought. He atleast had the courtesy to call her up and ask if she was okay! Though she did not reply him in a pleasant manner, she still liked the concern he held.

She could finally find some light in their relationship! Earlier, she feared what would be the outcome, but now she was sure she can handle him.

But still there were lots of secrets that Arnav Singh Raizada held and she decided to unravel them one by one in the long course. After all they had whole life to discover each other.

***************

Shantivan was dressed as a bride, completely ravishing, for the occasion of the marriage of the famous business tycoon of India, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada.

There was press, media that filled the area to get a glimpse of the girl to wed the most eligible bachelor in town. Alas! He would be taken in another few hours.

Arnav Singh Raizada made his way to the altar and stood next to his Dadi after taking her blessings.

The Pandit announced the arrival of the bride and all the eyes turned towards the staircase to witness the beauty clad in a maroon lehenga, perfectly complementing her white pale skin, jewellery adorning her making her appear as a goddess.

'Wow', escaped from Dhruv's mouth which definitely caught Arnav's attention who stood next to him.

Arnav's eyes automatically shifted towards the staircase to witness the epitome of beauty descending down to take her place next to him. A sudden sense of possessiveness hit him as all the audience were busy admiring his girl! His girl? Where did that come from? Arnav pushed back that thought for contemplating about it later, while his eyes scanned the busy in front of him.

Everything around went to a standstill! He could not hear the Pandit chanting mantras anymore, his vision blurred in the periphery with its focus only on Khushi, his feet rooted to the spot, his heart started beating faster and his mind became numb. He had seen many beauties, but she, was someone special! His heart screamed at him to go embrace her right away and take her away from the world, but his mind was sensible enough to gauge the circumstances.

He saw her nearing the altar with nervousness clearly visible in her eyes and he could feel himself turning more protective towards her!

The moment she reached the stage, her heavy lehenga betrayed her and she accidentally skipped only to be caught by a pair of arms on her waist. Again the moment froze for the both of them. If he was admiring her earlier, it was the time for her to do the honours!

His chocolate brown orbs, perfect jawline, mild stubble made him look handsome. The blue sherwani he wore enhanced his manliness. Neither of them blinked their eyes, but were interrupted by the constant clicks of the media and by Dhruv who just cleared his throat to not publicise his Bhai and Bhabhi's chemistry.

Arnav and Khushi straightened themselves before proceeding, but Arnav held her hand tight to make sure she did not slip again!

While Khushi enjoyed the small moment they had, Arnav cursed himself for falling weak in front of Khushi. His mind asked him to stop but his heart did not pay any heed to its warnings! For the first time, Arnav Singh Raizada's brain and heart did not work in tandem!