Chapter 10

Khushi stood with bated breath outside Arnav's cabin, still contemplating on her decision. She did not know how many minutes passed, but when she was still drowned deep in her thoughts, she heard someone shaking her shoulder vigorously, probably to get her out of her reverie.

'Miss. Gupta', she heard the steely voice which turned an almost nightmare for her.

She glanced at Arnav Singh Raizada standing at the threshold of his cabin, furrowing his brows, while anger completely marred his face.

'I said I dont have the whole day for you', he seethed in anger.

Khushi recovered herself as quickly as possible, mentally slapping herself for even being lost.

'Now that your dreaming session is over, will you give me the honour to remind you the purpose you are here today?' He questioned, his words dipped in sarcasm.

'Sorry', she muttered audible enough for Arnav to hear, but will he seem to be attentive? Nah! Sorry from her mouth was once in a lifetime opportunity, and he can never let go of it. His anger suddenly changed into a tease.

'Pardon?' He said, his smirk very much intact on his face.

Khushi, who was about to utter another sorry to him, looked at his wide smirk, and she knew. She knew, he was just playing around. Hence she shot a sharp glare and entered inside his cabin, with Arnav trailing behind.

Arnav fished out few papers from his side drawer, and handed over her to them.

'Go through this and sign'.

'Before I do that, I just have one request. None of my family members must know about this deal of ours. I dont want to hurt them', Khushi said, her voice laced with pain as deception was not something she did.

'I wont interfere Miss. Gupta, thats a clause', Arnav stated curtly.

She took the papers from him, only to notice PRENUPTIAL CONTRACT highlighted in bold letters. Her heart skipped a beat at it, because never in her life, she thought she would be signing such papers.

'You have included all the conditions that we spoke about right?' She questioned to get a positive nod from Arnav.

Without any second thought, she opened her pen and started signing the papers when Arnav interrupted her.

'Hold on. Dont you want to read them?' He asked totally perplexed at her actions.

'No', Khushi shrugged as if it was not a big thing.

'Its your life Dammit!' Arnav roared.

'I know, and hence I am signing them off'.

'What? Are you insane? How can you just trust a random person?'

'You are not anyone random Mr. Raizada. We are going to get married soon', Khushi stayed calm throughout her replies.

'But you cannot trust even me with this', Arnav said with an unbelievable expression. 'Moreover, I could have changed things as per I want', he added.

'Which you wont. Because a businessman like you, whom the world claims to be the most honest when it comes to work, who could handle such a big empire would never make any flaws with such papers. Moreover your insistence for me to read them again and again proves it indirectly', Khushi answered.

Arnav was flabbergasted by her answer. What is she? How could she trust a person whom she had just met and hardly knew anything about? What if he was her to be husband? Shouldn't she be careful? This girl really needed some piece of mind, he deciphered.