Chapter 1

"Don't play to win

"Don't play to win. Play to survive."
- Amelia Sawyer

"I'm worried I'll lose you too

"I'm worried I'll lose you too."
- Haymitch Abernathy

Soundtrack

Silence - Marshmello, Khalid
   "Loving never gave me a home"

The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin
   "The power of love, a force from above"

I'll Be Good - Jaymes Young
   "But the blood on my hands scares me to death"
   "I'll be good, and I'll love the world like I should"

Grace - Lewis Capaldi
   "I found salvation in the form of your grace"

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood
   "Sweet little baby in a world full of pain"
   "I was naive and hopeful and lost"

You And Me - Lifehouse
   "I can't keep my eyes off of you"

     No one ever wins The Hunger Games, not really. Sure, people survive, but then they face a new challenge once out—the Capitol. Unfortunately, Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well.

She was eighteen when she was reaped and was forced to participate in the 67th Hunger Games. It was a shock for her and her family. But, she couldn't pretend not to understand. To provide for her family, she took food and had nearly twenty-two slips in the bowl. It was only a matter of time until her name was pulled.

But having her name picked her final eligible year seemed like a joke. A sick twisted joke, but it wasn't. After arriving at the Capitol, a realization set in. She was never going back to District 12. There was no way she was going to win, and she knew that. But that didn't mean she wasn't willing to try.

Fighting for her survival for her family's sake was the only thing Amelia could do. It was the only thing in her life she could control.

Once in the games, she could only focus on surviving. So she ran for the cornucopia and picked up the closest bag against her mentor's wishes. It worked in her favor, giving her enough flint to last a lifetime. The arena she was in was freezing, full of mountains and snow. An avalanche happened that killed five people the first day and repeated every now and then.