Chapter 3

*EDITED by dann_ds & myself

___________________________

Tasha

"Hi," We both said at the same time staring into each other's eyes.

"I'll replace your coffee or whatever that was in your cup." He broke eye contact with me and looks to see what I was wearing. I was wearing a black pencil skirt, with a white button-up shirt, and a black blazer along with black heels and my purse.

"Don't worry about it C.J. I'll get another one during lunch."

He was wearing dark blue jeans, a tight black shirt that you can see his tone chest and abs.

"You sure Tasha."

"Yes, I'm sure C.J..... um, I guess I'll see you around." I walk past him without saying goodbye or anything.

"Wait." As C.J grabs my wrist and I look at him.

"Yes," I whispered to him and he let go of my wrist.

"Saturday night was-" I cut him off before he could say the word.

"Regretful." He chuckles at me and nods his head.

"No, I was going to say amazing, but not regretful. Tasha, do you regret our night together?"

Did he say that he had an amazing night with me? I must have popped his brains out or something.

"No, I didn't at all. Do you regret it C.J?" Looking at him, hoping he doesn't.

"No, I didn't, not even for one bit."

"Was that your first time doing a one-night stand?" I ask him.

He brought his right hand to rub the back of his neck. "Actually, yes, it was my first time. Was that your first time too?"

"Yes, it was and you're my first one." I smiled at him and he did the same.

"Well, I should get going before I'm late for work and I'll see you around C.J."

"Yeah, I should get going too. You probably won't be seeing me for a few weeks because I'm going for a firefighter training in Colorado."

Aww, I'll miss seeing his face and his amazing body.

"Well then, have fun and be safe C.J. I don't want you to come back as burnt charcoal." He laughed at my joke and I smiled at him.

"I will, and don't worry about me. I'll come back in one piece, but not as burnt as charcoal. I'll see you when I see you, Tasha. Bye." Taking one last look at each other.

"Bye," I said to him and we went our separate ways.

Clicking my heels on the sidewalk as fast as I can. Standing and waiting for the Walkman to turn white. Morning rush hour and traffics line up. The Walkman turns white and I walk with a bunch of people coming from both sides.

Keep walking straight to reach the lawyer's building. The courthouse next door to our building. I've been working here for about two years.

Entering one of the two doors to the building. I could feel the nice cool air rush towards me.

"Good morning Tasha, how was your weekend?" Bonnie asks me.

Bonnie is my favourite person here since I started working here. She's been working as a secretary here for about twenty years. She reminds of Queen Latifah's attitude with her sense of humour. She's fifty-two years old and acts like she's in her thirties. She's an African American who's from Atlanta, Georgia. Bonnie tells me stories about her childhood, about her living there. Many, many years ago when she came here for a vacation for a week with a couple of her friends and then she met a special someone who took her breath away. Her husband Frank, who I met, is wonderful, funny, and a free-spirit kind of guy. Bonnie keeps me young and sometimes grounded.