~Chatper 14~

*Edited*

^ Thirteen Weeks Pregnant ^

Enjoy:)

________________________

C.J

I travel to my hometown for Christmas every year for a couple of days to a week at the most if not long and Summer just stays home. We never in our relationship spend Christmas Day together. Every year she does this and sometimes I'm tired of her saying those same words, 'I can't do it this year, maybe next year.' She's only met my parents and my sister twice since we've been together. I want just her to feel welcome and get her to know my family.

I wanted her to come with me, but she uses that excuse too many times and I will not ask her any.

I have a fun time with my entire family on each side. Seeing my cousin and their children. Watching my cousin as dad makes me want to have kids now than to wait. In the back of my mind are Tasha and her unborn child. I wonder if. No, let's not get ahead of myself here.

When I got home from spending Christmas with my family, Summer was busy getting groceries and baking done for New Year's Eve. Since, our friends and some of her family members coming to celebrate. Hopefully, it doesn't rain this time because last year it did. But this time it was supposed to be clear skies and hot. And I'm going to do a bonfire. The day before I gather a pile of fresh-cut up wood from my soon-to-be in-laws.

Summer was cooking a storm in the kitchen all morning. She got huge; I mean a huge turkey I've ever seen in the oven since this morning. She makes good homemade stuffing, but not as good as my mom's stuffing. She peeled about a ten-pound bag of potatoes yesterday, cut them all off and let them soak in a big pot of water. I asked her for help but she said nope, so I just left it at that.

"Babe, can you grab me those oven mitts that are on the table, please?" She was ready to check the turkey again.

"Sure thing." I passed the oven mitts to her. The last time a throw them to her they landed in a bowl of gravy that was cooled down and splatter all over her. I tried not to laugh, but she put me on the couch for a couple of nights.

The house smells so good and I can't wait to eat. I watch her basting the turkey and putting it in the oven.

"Is the turkey done yet?" I ask Summer.

"It needs to brown some more. So, in a couple of hours, it should be done."

"What time is everyone arriving at?"

"I told them to come around seven."

****

I look at the clock. It was four-thirty, and I was getting nervous to see Tasha. It's going to be tough to talk to her alone and in private, where no one else can hear us talk.

"Summer I'm going to go for a run in the woods." I needed to burn off a lot of steam.

"Okay sure hun, just be careful out there and bring your iPhone with you in case of an emergency." Summers always worried about me when I run into the bush because she's afraid that I'll get killed by a wild animal.

"I'll be fine. You don't have to worry." As I walked out of the kitchen and made my way to the bedroom. Stripping off my shirt and pants. Leave me in my blue and black boxers and white socks. Going through my drawers to find a muscle shirt and shorts.

After putting them on and now got to find my headphones. Which were still in my gym bag and also my water bottle which was still in there. Rising out the bottle and putting cold water in my bottle. Went downstairs to the shoe rack to put on my running shoes. Plugin my headphones into my iPhone. Scrolling down to listen to my classic rock shuffle. Out the door and began running.