~Chaptet 29~

*Edited*

>>Your heart might stop a few times in this chapter. ❤️💔<<

>There's going to be of different POV's in this chapter.

> Enjoy☺️

________________________

C.J

Ellie's eyes wouldn't leave me while sitting in the fire truck. I want these days to go by faster. Hopefully, after the four days are done. I won't have to see her again.

From my view, I could see the apartment building on fire and smoke coming from some windows. Seeing people along the sidewalks watching as the building burned.

Once we stopped, I rushed out. Seeing the chief was here already. Then seeing two more fire trucks and four ambulances coming in fast.

Waiting for the chief to give us orders.

A man who is coughing walking towards me. I mean coughing good.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"I don't know...... Everything was.... fine, normal... then we heard this big bang. After that was.... smoke and fire from.... the first floor." He was coughing between saying words.

Two ladies who are paramedics came and check the guy out. Putting on an oxygen mask to help his breathing.

Hearing people coughing sitting on the sidewalk. Paramedics attending them.

Then we heard an explosion from in the building. Hearing screams. More people rushing to come out of the building.

Police officers moving people away from the building.

"Samuel, Jim, Tim, Corey, and Ellie search for anybody that is left behind," Chief said to us.

"The rest of you. Take the fire out. The firehouse 16 is going in the back of the building and helping us out." We nodded our heads and start walking towards the smoky entrance. The rest of the team rush to the trucks.

Jim was the one leading the group. Leaving Ellie close behind me. I was calm and forces. I've been in dangerous situations, but this one was the cherry on top.

The thick, dark smoke was coming through the doors. As we enter the door.

"I want Corey and Ellie on the third floor while myself and Tim on the second floor and work our way down," Samuel says to us.

Great, I'm with her. Just great.

Both of the groups went in separate directions. I was leading while she was still behind me. I found the stairs, which were in the middle of the building. As we got up to the third floor, the smoke wasn't bad but still dangerous.

I wonder how many staircases they were? I should probably ask? I looked up to see any sprinklers on the ceiling. I found some, but there wasn't any water coming out of them.

I radio in. "Chief, roger."

"Go ahead Corey, roger."

"Get somebody to turn on the water for the sprinklers, roger?"

"Okay, I'll get a team on that, roger."

"Fire department. Yell out." I shouted to whoever can hear me.

Walking slowly. I check every apartment on that floor except the last four. The smoke got thicker.

"Fire department here," Ellie shouted out loud.