~Chapter 30~

*Edited*

> Okay so there's not going to be anymore Ellies POV.

>Enjoy! ☺️
___________________________

Tasha

"How is he?" I ask again. Rachel was giving me a side hug.

"He fine, but not out of the woods yet. He has some first-degree burns on his right arm. Not bad, but it will heal. He has smoke inhalation, so we had to put him in a twenty-four-hour coma. To give his body rest and also his lungs. But overall, he'll recover." The doctor said.

The weight on my shoulders lifted. Now I can go relax and not stress about it. He's going to be sore, but alive.

"What kind of surgery did he get?" I was wondering what kind of surgery he received.

"He didn't receive any surgery. It was just a precaution. We did a chest X-ray, bandaged his right arm, and check to see if he had any other injury on him. But he doesn't have any."

"Can I go see him?" I ask him.

"Yes, once he gets settled into a room." I nodded at his response.

"Thank you for saving him." I wanted to hug him, but I'll probably feel weird about doing it.

"You're welcome. He's a strong one." The doctor turns around and walk through the doors he came in.

I think it relieved everyone in the waiting room that he's alive and not dead.

After waiting in waiting for about half an hour. A nurse called me and saying that he's in a room already.

I follow her to C.J's room. We stopped at the door entrance.

"Don't fear all the wires attached to him and his breathing mask. Be strong for him." The nurse said to me.

"Okay, thanks." I opened the door.

Taking a deep breath. Then I open the door. All I could hear was the beeping sounds that filled the room.

I was a little hesitant to see him, but I needed to see him. See him breathing and alive.

I walk further and there he was. Laying there. Not moving.

I looked at all the wires that were attached to him. I see that his right arm was all bandaged up. The oxygen mask was on his face. I choked myself from sobbing. Seeing him like this made my knees weak.

I sat on the left side of him. Holding his hand. Rubbing his hand into mine. I didn't know what says. I just stared at him.

After a few minutes. I stood up and kissed his forehead. "I love you, Corey. Please stay strong for me and our baby. Please be awake soon." I whisper to him and I had few tears go down my face.

Brushing my fingers through his hair. He loved it when I do that to him. He says it helps him relax. Kissed his forehead one last time before sitting down.

I was alone for about an hour when Rachel and Greg came into the room. I stand and walked towards Greg.

"Hey. How's he doing?" He asked me. Giving me a tight hug.

"He has some smoke inhalation, first-degree burns on his right arm, and they had to put him in a coma for twenty-four hours to give his body rest. But other than that, he'll live."

"He's a strong fighter." I nodded at what he said.

"Now I just want him to wake up now."

"Yeah, me too. When are his parents arriving?" He asks me.