3. A Friend and a Lunch

SCARLETT

After finishing off with the slides I got to sleep at 4. With just three and a half-hour of sleep, I'm already feeling like a half-zombie and would become full by the end of office hours.

Whatever it may be, at least I have left nothing for Aaron to put his finger on. I even reached the conference room, five minutes early to be on the safer side.

"You shall start Ms. Walter.", Aaron said after taking his seat and I began to explain all the points I had sorted after long hours of grinding, in a standard layout ppt.

The details included how would we launch the product in the market step by step. I began explaining the strategy of customer retention according to which, current customers of the company's products would be targeted first. They would be given a special discount on the glasses. But Aaron had to be Aaron the jerk.

"I find your strategy highly inappropriate and unprofessional.", he remarked.

Unprofessional? He's trash-talking now, just for the sake of putting me down. It's his behavior that should be considered unprofessional.

Fine then, let's trade insults.

"First of all, Mr. Anderson, it isn't my strategy it's the team's collective idea. And secondly, this would not only be beneficial for the glasses but also for other products of your company."

"Yet, we need to see on that matter then. Continue."

"The next step would be social media promotions. We...", I was again interrupted in between.

"Yes skip that part, we all know that.", he said.

Ugh! This maggot will get himself killed by me soon.

My presentation continued for 40 minutes which consisted of 25 minutes of questions and mostly useless interruptions by Aaron.

"This was all from my side. Any more questions are welcomed.", I announced at the end.

"That was brilliant Ms. Walter. All your points are clear.", said a handsome man in his twenties, dressed in grey coat. Few more people nodded in approval, while others remained neutral, the effect of his terror.

"There wasn't any need of such exaggeration Ms. Walter. Next time see to it.", said the jerk in the room. I'll kill him. Didn't he himself asked for elaboration?

"I guess that was needed Mr. Anderson, to minimize the scope of assumptions. If you didn't like it, I'll make sure to sum up everything in one slide from next time. But then again, I shouldn't be approached for clarifications.", I cut him short earning a glare.

"Learn to accept your mistakes Ms. Walter. It helps in the long run.", he said as he got up and left the room. Following him the room started vacating.

"Damn! You definitely are savage. No one has ever dared to retort like that on his face.", came a voice while I was collecting my papers from the table.

I looked up to find, the source was the same gentleman in grey coat.

"That man has ego problems and I'm not much of a tolerant person.", I said arranging papers in the file.

"Dylan Parker.", he stretched his hand out that I accepted.

"Scarlett Walter. You work here?"

"No. I'm a board member and that man's friend.", he grinned.

"I see. You both are poles apart I must say. Just curious, how did you earn this position? I mean you're too young for it."

"Well, our fathers are friends and we both are diaper buddies. I have my own business, a Travel company, and he is a board member there. Actually, we both hold a part of shares of each other's company.", he said.