37. Symphony

AARON

I'm currently at the banquet hall looking after the arrangements with three men equivalent to pain in the ass!

"Keep that cupcake out of my sight, I've begun hating it.", Dylan angrily exhorted Alex.

"Hey hey, I love it and I'll eat it. It's not my fault that your girlfriend chose cupcake over muffin.", Alex said chuckling with Jacob.

There you see, how much pain it takes to tolerate them.

The workers are scattered all around, busy decorating the hall.

Girls are strolling in the garden with Mom, and my mind is occupied by just one question, how to get her back?

"Sad?", Jacob nudged me.

I nodded in response.

"I destroyed your happy lives. I'm so sorry. It all happened because of me.", his eyes held guilt.

"You don't have to say that. I'm the one at fault. I should've trusted her. I should've controlled myself from speaking whatever I said that day."

"Why don't we get you hurt, and this time for real?", Alex asked.

"Nice idea. How about a minor fracture or something?", Dylan added.

"Don't even think of it. She would take it as fake again. Besides, you are talking about getting him hurt? Seriously, you both are insane.", Jacob scolded them.

"Well, I can afford to see this man hurt after letting such a nice girl go. But I agree with what you said. It would be useless.", Alex sighed.

"I know she still loves you. I saw the concern for you in her eyes last night.", Jacob said keeping his hand on my shoulder.

"We all did. Don't worry, we'll definitely get her back to you. Let's keep thinking", Dylan said.

"Excuse me Sir, I just heard your talks. May I suggest an idea to get your girlfriend back?", a worker, decorating the pillar nearby, caught our attention.

"Yes, please.", Jacob permitted.

"What about getting your girlfriend drunk, taking her to a room and then, you know...", he said.

All our widened eyes settled on his face ready to bring him down any moment.

I stormed forward grabbing his collar. How dare he! "You know what you just said. Men are disgraced because of people like you.", I partially yelled.

"Are you suggesting him to take advantage of a drunk girl?", Alex interjected.

"What kind of idea is this dude? I would never support it.", Dylan said.

"Shame on you for that.", Jacob too bashed him.

"B...But as you all said, they both love each other, then what's the harm in it?", the horrified man defended himself, making me tighten my hold on his collar.

"It isn't what a true man should want. Get this clear in your brain. I don't just want her body... I want to own her heart.", I said through gritted teeth. The man nearly choked when the three pulled me off, with him coughing.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm extremely sorry for that Sir. It was the worst idea ever. Please don't fire me. This job is my livelihood. I-I promise not to think that way again.", he uttered, totally scared. I looked away.

"Take it as your last chance. Now get lost.", Jacob ordered.

"Thank you so much Sir. And before leaving, I want to suggest, you could try making the Miss jealous. It works with girls.", he said.