15. The Investigation

SCARLETT

My weekend exhausted in revisiting the working of my own company, amending the strategies of the preponed launch and also in thinking ways of getting back the prototypes.

To avoid the disturbances, I switched my phone off for the whole while and used another one. I always carry a spare phone on trips. Now, though this isn't a trip, but it can be considered one, until I'm settled back here.

I returned to New York yesterday night. I can't leave the project half way, because of a narcissist maggot's rude accusations. Neither can I tolerate his ego. So, the best way possible out of it was the resignation letter.

Now, I can work according to my own ways.

Back in FuTech's office today, I went through a few meets, ordered a few dozens to raise their working capacity or hand their resignations if they can't. I can't bear indolence when the launch is just the next door.

Although the preponement has browned off the whole marketing team, still, I feel the decision was correct. Who knows, if the person in possession of prototypes uses it against us and turns the tables.

To be on the safer side, the launch date has not been revealed yet, only the teaser of the product is.

After returning from office, I decided to come to a gym. I need to think and exercising is a great way to open the jammed doors of mind.

While running on the treadmill, also ran my brain.

Marc! Yes.

Who could find criminals better than a criminal?

#####

"I want to see the remaining prototypes and the head engineer.", I barged into Aaron's cabin and asked straightforwardly.

It's Tuesday and the office is bustling, with employees, working and scampering all around. The launch has really increased the excitement in the air.

"What if I deny?" This man always has to, be a maggot.

"Then you better find the glasses yourself.", I snapped.

He rolled his eyes and asked his secretary on call to send some Elliot at the vault room, maybe the product development head.

"Come with me.", he said getting up.

"Mr. Smith Owen will follow along. He's my private investigator.", I introduced Smith, who was sent by Marc.

"I don't care about Dylan.", I said looking at Dylan waiting outside Aaron's cabin.

"That's too mean. But I'll come.", Dylan followed us.

Aaron led us to the vault, where Elliot was already present. The security had been increased two-folds after the incident and few prototypes have been shifted here from Sinclair corps.

The locker was secured by a password protection. Aaron entered the password in the touch sensitive screen with a light pen.

He took out one glass enclosed in a box and place it on the center table. I opened the box and took it out in my hand.

So this is The MR Glasses, as per our marketing campaign, 'The windows to Future'. A normal looking goggle that makes the wearer experience the world in mixed reality.

It isn't like the VR headsets. It's slimmer and better. One just needs to slide it on and the doors to the world of imagination opens, where one can do anything. Be it making the 3D model of a chopper or traveling inside mt. Etna, everything imaginable is possible with its aid.