14. The Past

AARON

I'm on my way to office.

It's been three days since the day of the confrontation. A part of me never wanted to believe that she could do such a cheap act, yet another part is burning with rage, or just an unknown feeling.

No one in the family knows about this. I thought it won't be nice of me to inform that their dear Scarlett is a thief. They love her blindly and I have no intention to hurt them.

Speaking of Scarlett, she disappeared for whole of the weekend. I heard Rae telling mom, on dinner, that her phone is switched off since Saturday.

I wonder if she is intending to escape. I won't let her off with it that easy. Because of this mess, the launch had to be preponed and my workload has increased twofold.

After that, next important thing to deal with is Alex and Rachael's wedding.

Yesterday I faced verbal abuses from both of them, for just presenting the thought of postponing it. They wouldn't even hesitate to kill me if I even tried to ask again.

Busy with my thoughts, I reached the office to find an envelope on the desk. I opened it to find a resignation letter.

On reading further, I found that it was a copy of resignation letter sent by Scarlett to Alex. She's quitting?!

No way in hell am I letting her do that. What about my launch project? Moreover, what about the missing prototypes. Is she trying to play on us?

I instantly dialed Alex, but was paused by a knock on the door.

"Come in.", I allowed the intruder to enter and was startled to see who it was.

"What do you mean by this?", I asked raising her resignation letter in the air. She didn't even flinch a bit.

"Can't you understand English? It means I'm resigning.", she snapped.

"You can't do that, especially when the launch is so close. This isn't a bloody game where you can do whatever you want."

"You are not my boss and my boss doesn't seem to have any problem with it?", she argued.

"But you are working for me, though temporarily."

"Well that was why I sent you a copy too. Also, don't worry, I'm not abandoning the project.", she folded her arms, with a file hanging down her hand, "I won't leave my work. Being in-charge, I'll stay and regulate things, until the MR glasses are in the market. I don't back out of my responsibilities."

"Then why this letter? Scared of the robbery you pulled out.", I smirked.

"Say that again and I'll break your jaw. As for the letter, I have my own company to take care of in California. So, I would work here as per my conditions, whether you like it or not. I have resigned, so technically you would have no right to order or control me as before."

Well, I should not say it, but she is a genius. I've seen no women fiercer than her. That was one of the many reasons that made me fall for her in the past.

But, that can't cover the fact that she is a swindler.

"Fine, but make sure that the launch event is not affected because of it. Also, I hope you remember our deal."

"Better than you. You would have the glasses back soon. Here," she placed the file, she entered with, in front of me, "I came to hand over this file. It has the new outline of the marketing strategy, that we have to initiate today onwards. Check it, sign it and send it by your secretary in twenty minutes."