22. Execution

SCARLETT

"You ready Lett?", asked Smith over the earpiece, that I managed to hide behind my hair falling to my neck.

In my handbag rest all the stuff Dylan and Aaron considered necessary for me, including pepper spray, tactical knife, a mini taser gun of FuTech, a mini knife and a defender ring X, that adorns my right-hand middle finger. I'm literally feeling as if I'm going for a freaking war!

I mean seriously? It's just a meet with a greedy businessman, or rather a business 'thief', not a mafia don.

I'm also wearing a necklace that had hidden micro-camera installed to record that bastard's confession. Today, he'll be behind the bars before midnight.

"Yeah, I'm at the entrance. Just heading in.", I said entering the building.

"Hey Smith, where are you?", asked Dylan. I shouldn't have included them, except Smith.

"Swinging in a garden.", Smith said.

"Wow, at least that's more amusing than sitting behind an emotionless Aaron, who looks like he'd kill me any second." Dylan could make every serious task fun.

"Shut up Dylan.", Aaron growled.

"Hey hey, keep that pen away from me.", Dylan said dramatically.

"You know kids are better than you guys. Let her focus.", Smith said.

After last morning, I stayed at home with Rachael. Those hateful words of Aaron, still hurt but I need to erase feelings off me for the time being.

The surrounding was too vacant. No wonder the company is getting bankrupt. I headed to the reception.

"I have an appointment with Mr. Stow.", I said to the receptionist.

"Ma'am, your name please.", she asked.

"Scarlett Walter."

"Hello Ms. Walter. Sir is waiting for you. This way please Ma'am." She lead me to the lift.

"Hey Lett how's the receptionist girl?", Smith asked. Seriously?

"Now who's behaving like a kid Smithy?", Dylan said.

"I was just generally asking. I'm fed up of being alone. Lett, could you ask for her number?", Smith said.

"Aww poor Smithy. Hey Lett! You too are single. Why don't you date him? He's handsome too, though a little lesser than me."

"I'm okay with that too.", Smith happily said.

"But I'm not. You both shut up now!", Aaron yelled.

"Hey, you are hurting my ears.", Smith said.

These guys are just pain in the ass. Why am I even wearing the earpiece?

When we reached the top floor, she said pointing to a room, "There's his cabin." She then got back to the lift, leaving me alone in the corridor.

Meanwhile their brawl continued. Smith said, "If she's ready to date me, what is your problem?"

"If you guys won't shut the heck up right now, I'll personally strangle each of your throats.", I coldly warned, making them all shut.

I paced towards the room, through the clean white corridor. At least there's some neatness.

First, I tapped the camera on my necklace to turn it on. I then, pushed the door open and entered inside to be welcomed by a bright limy surrounding.

A man with grey hairs sat on the chair behind his table.

"Pleasure to meet you Ms. Walter. Have a seat", he said on seeing me.