4. Fun but no Fun

SCARLETT

"No Amy, I'm not coming anywhere.", I right away rejected her offer of clubbing tonight, that she proposed yesterday and now is hell bent on taking me along.

"Come on Lett. It's Friday night. It's meant to chill."

After the lunch, I returned to office with a stack of product reports waiting for my reviewal. It wasn't anything too urgent but... Aaron ordered me to finish it by Monday morning.

I need to complete it asap at any cost, or else he wouldn't leave this another opportunity to mock me.

Hence, I decided to, or rather had to bring them home to make the weekend 'better' than it normally used to be.

And then, Amy barged into my apartment asking for this. Time is money, better prestige, as can be said in my current situation.

"I don't like chilling. If you want, I can throw ice cubes on your face and then you can merrily chill here itself.", I said not lifting my eyes off the file I was going through.

"That wasn't funny. And who the hell makes employees work on weekends? You better agree to come if you don't want me to come to your workplace and beat the hell out of your new boss for this shit."

"Give it a try. Perhaps security won't even let you in."

"If you forgot, I still have my parents' identity that won't let it ever happen." Of course, she knows how to make use of her family's business status. Finns are a brand if you talk of the stock market business.

"You know I'm not lying when I say I'll beat him.", she threatened like yesterday, with her hands on her waist. I must admit she could possibly do that.

Last time when I had promised to go shopping with her on Sunday but Alex called me for an urgent work, she got to his cabin, threw coffee on his coat and a punch on his nose, creating a scene that fortunately was witnessed only by his secretary and me.

Alex being a gentleman let me off for that day but from then ordered his security and also me, the next day, to keep her away from his office.

"Dare you pull out something like that again, I'll chop you down.", I warned.

"You can't. Learn to give realistic threats at least."

"I'll complain to your mom."

"Like last time? You can, but the harm would have been done by then.", she said with all glory.

"Please.", the last option was to beg.

"Nope. You are coming and that's final. Now go get ready.", she said pushing me towards the bathroom.

"Fine.", I sighed. This girl's manipulative skills are par excellence.

As always, I'll be the one controlling myself from drinking much while she'll get plastered. It has become a ritual.

Sometimes I really wonder if she takes me along to ensure her safe return, that is without pulling out any nasty act.

#####

She finally dragged me to this magnificent club, despite my pleas. Instead of her car, we came by a cab because drunk driving is against rules. We stopped right in front of the bar counter and seated ourselves.

The place was echoing with energetic songs.

Tempted to touch.

What I like about you.

She ordered her all time favorite red wine and asked the bartender to keep the drinks coming.

"You know Lett, I want a vacation from my work.", she said sipping the drink.