28. Past Unravelled

SCARLETT

Finally, the MR Glasses dived into the market with a bang. No, I'm not at all being dramatic on this note, like Amy.

Thinking it would be available in FuTech's main showroom in New York, people formed so big queues in front of it, that its shutters had to be closed temporarily... with a bang!

The product is only available online initially, and I just got to know from Alex, that all the stocks put up for today were booked in a flash sale, in less than 30 seconds.

People seem desperate for it.

I know Futech's team is capable enough to take it ahead without me, from this point. I did my part well and I'm satisfied.

And now, I'm back in California, my place, permanently. Where I am supposed to be.

I don't have to tolerate Aaron and his dry narcissistic behavior any more. Peace at last!

The CEO office is under renovation. Dad insisted on having it redesigned as per my taste. After his announcement, my mobile flooded with congratulations mails and messages.

I would be officially taking over Walter Marketeers from 1st and until then, I've decided to look after and help in company's smooth working online from home.

Today after finishing with the dinner, I am currently at my room binge watching The Prestige, the second time.

The first time I watched it was six years ago, with my friends. I remember how Aaron brawled with Jacob, when he made fun of the cloning machine in the movie.

Aaron was a huge fan of Nolan movies. I myself love how Christopher Nolan likes to twist and turn and play with plots, managing to freak the viewer out every moment. The man has a knack for creating mind-benders.

Apart from that, Aaron also loved Mission Impossible and Fast and Furious series. He used to go and watch them first day first show in I-max. I remember watching one with him, when we ended up kissing at the end scene. That was our first kiss.

What made it most memorable was our pinky promise to each other to remain 'Virgins till we wed'. We were too childish in college, I know. The sad part is, it just takes a bad break up to transgress all promises.

I never back out of my words. Hence technically, I'll be a virgin until I wed. Now wed whom, it's nowhere mentioned.

Otherwise also, loving and screwing are a waste to time, money and energy. All three are precious to me and I don't care if he wastes his youth in it.

And there, I again diverted off to him. Get a hold on yourself Lett, stop thinking of him... he is a jerk.

The wounds in my heart are all fresh, gifted by his words, be it last night's or that day's. No movie could help me recover from it. I was a fool having fell for him.

My phone rang with Amy's caller id.

"Where's my treat?", she yelled.

"At least say congrats first."

"How can you leave without the treat? After standing by your side for these many years, this is what I get?" And... I've committed a sin.

"Bye, I'm hanging up.", I said.

"No wait wait wait. What else happened last night? I don't remember a thing."

"I don't know."

"You're lying. Please tell me. Dylan is hell bent on taking me to Hawaii next month.", she said. I laughed hard. God!