23. Live Action Drama

SCARLETT

Jayce double crossed us?!

My mouth urges to shower him with profanities and warn Aaron but with all the guns in the room aimed at my head, that won't be a sensible decision.

Jayce came to me, snatched off my earpiece and necklace, and passed it to Stow, who threw the earpiece out of the vast window in the center of the room and crushed the necklace with his shoe, revealing the camera... the broken camera.

"Shocked Ms. Walter? Well now you know how I extracted the devices.", Stow laughed and the traitor smirked along. I feel so stupid.

I attempted to grab my handbag resting on the chair, but before me, it was taken away by the same King Kong of a man, who fetched the glass case earlier. There goes my leather armour.

The muscleman took out all the stuff and placed it one by one on Stow's desk. My car key, pepper spray, knife all were being lined up on the table like antiques.

"Feisty little lassie. Interesting." I feel like breaking Stow's smirking jaw and distorting it for ever.

The last item out was my phone that the muscleman catapulted out of the window. Dear Lord, the amount of monetary loss I suffered today! The camera, earpiece and phone... it hurts!

Good that it wasn't my original phone though. I hated Smith's idea of carrying a spare phone instead of my own. Now however, I feel grateful as it's more expensive than all these items combined.

"Jayce, you know what to do next.", Stow smirked again, looking at me.

On his cue, Jayce called someone and said, "Hello Sir, they knew about our plan." I'm sure he's talking to Aaron. I opened my mouth to yell but stopped midway, halted by a man who placed a gun on my temple.

"His men snatched the case back from me and started firing.", the liar started, "I got shot in the arm yet somehow managed to escape. I'm currently hiding in a nearby alley and I can see them taking Ms. Walter out of the place in a car and Mr. Owen is there too. I doubt if..."

Stopping mid-sentence, he slammed the phone hardly on the floor. Such a natural actor! Even Sherlock Holmes would have believed in his drama.

"Jayce, you bastard! I'll kill you.", I yelled.

"For that, you need to first get out of here Ma'am.", he smirked. This bloody dog!

How can I be so dumb! I should've been sharper.

"You are so beautiful sweetheart. It would be a shame to rid the world of such beauty, without getting to savor it.", Stow said with lust dripping down his tongue.

"Killing me would land you in prison.", I said with rage making him grin.

"You are too naïve. Look at all these men here. Anyone would take the blame for me.", his grin stretched two-folds.

I gazed around the room, filled with men in black. They were ready to shoot me any moment. I feel like a protagonist of a regular action movie.

"Perhaps now you might be feeling how a woman is supposed to feel. Weak!", he spat.

"Says the one who needs an army to handle a single woman.", I snapped.

"I meant no offense darling,", Stow said, "Now tell me, how would you like to die? Jumping out of the window or having a bullet in your head. Which option would you choose?"

I'd rather like to die after seeing a dead Stow and a badly beaten Jayce.

"Well, I'll take the third option dear John... I live.", I smirked. And that's why we make plan B.