13. An Accusation

SCARLETT

"You what?!!", I asked Rachael again, astonished.

"Yes, I'm engaged. Alex proposed me yesterday!", she exclaimed waving the diamond ring in her finger.

"God! I'm so happy for you Rae.", I embraced her instantly.

Today is Friday and after the office, Aaron called me at his mansion urgently. I enjoyed a nice week in the office without him and the thought that he'll be back on Monday is so disheartening.

As I entered the Anderson mansion, Rachael was the first to encounter me and give this bomb of a news. Alex finally proposed her and I'm happy that he did something thoughtful at last!

"Alex wants things to be fast and we are getting married on 27th of this month."

"Desperate much, huh? That's so close.", I teased seeing her red cheeks.

"Yes it is. Now I need you to help me with the preparations and most importantly, the dress. My designer is out of the town."

"You need not worry about it. I have a friend, best in the field. Well she isn't fond of your boyfriend much, but would definitely help you."

"You are a life savior Lett! When can we meet her?"

"Do one thing, come to my place next week, I'll call her there. We could decide the designs and also could have a sleep over."

"Okay. That'd be fun. Come now, they're waiting for you in the office."

"They?", I asked with furrowed brow, and she only nodded.

She then escorted me to the office room where Aaron was seated on the head chair of the conference table, while next to him on both sides, stood Alex and Dylan. Noticing us entering, they both looked at me with bland faces.

The fact that all had a serious expression plastered on their faces, hints of something dire. Aaron's icy cold glare tops them all.

"Okay, you guys talk while I go and mind my own business.", Rachael said with a light smile and walked out of the room.

"Everything alright?", I asked nonchalantly eyeing Alex.

"No.", Aaron glared me with a grim look and began, "Our eleven prototypes of MR glasses are stolen."

"What? When? How could that even happen in your secured office building?", I asked shocked at the news.

"We thought you might know.", he said with a frown, not removing our eye-contact. Why is he looking at me like that?

I gazed at all the eyes on me, one by one, finally landing my gaze back on Aaron.

"You don't think it was me. Right?" I was amazed at the silence that followed.

Do they really think I could stoop so low?

Finally, after a minute's silence Aaron spoke, "Last time we checked,... they were securely in place last Friday. The CCTV footage of Sunday afternoon is gone, and you were among the few who were in office that time. Also, you bought a house on Monday. That's enough for us to believe it was you."

Really? They all believe I'm a thief. Aaron knows well I can't do such a thing, but the revenge thing has corrupted his mind, so I can bear him for once, but Alex too.

"Being on the scene doesn't makes me a thief Mr. Anderson.", I defended my position.

"Then tell us, from where did you get the money to buy a house worth more than 2 million?", he raised a brow and crossed his arms.