Chapter 29 • Birthday

The last few weeks have flown by and it was now the beginning of November. Halloween came and went with me staying home and attempting to watch scary movies with Emilio during the day before him and Antonio went out to a party. I spent the rest of the night baking Halloween desserts with Linda which ended with her doing most of the baking and me just telling her about everything I could think of.

My birthday was tomorrow but I didn't think anything of it, maybe my brothers know it's my birthday or maybe they don't I haven't had a birthday in a while so I wouldn't be to upset if no one knew it, especially with how busy my brothers have been with work and everything. I've been trying to get as much information out of them all as discreetly as possible but I still don't know anything and it's driving me crazy. I've been trying to keep myself calm but my patience at knowing is growing thin and I've found I've been a bit snappy with them lately when they don't answer my questions and just change the subject, thankfully I haven't gotten in trouble for it but I'm not sure how much longer I can take of not knowing.

With my emotions all over the place making me fidgety I do the one thing I know for certain will calm me down, I paint.

Seeing as it's my birthday tomorrow and because I've been obsessed with this scene I decide to paint the lantern scene from the Disney movie tangled.

I painted until it was starting to become light outside and my hand was cramping. Putting my brush in my cup of water I crack all my fingers before rolling my neck. I smile at my canvas and decide to leave it there so I don't smudge it since it's still wet.

(A/N I found this on Pinterest and I really wish I knew who painted this since it's amazing but sadly I don't ): )

I look at my white oversized shirt I always wear when painting to see it with smudges adorning it along with my arm which has dark blues and purples and pinks with hints of yellow in there. Deciding I should take shower before going to bed my exhausted body walks towards the shower. I let my body relax under the warm water as I breathe in the steam and wash away the paint, almost falling asleep standing up from how peaceful the water pressure feels.

Getting out I grab the first pajamas I see with is grey sweatpants and blue tank top, looking at the clock on my nightstand I see it's already passed midnight.

Happy birthday Ella.

Not caring about how they look or even that my hairs still semi wet I lay down in my bed and fall asleep thinking about my old birthdays with my mom.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

I scrunch my nose while rubbing it as it tickles, not ready to open my eyes I turn my head into my pillow and try to go back to sleep.

"Ella." Someone whispers as they run they're fingers though my hair. For someone trying to wake me up they sure know how to put me back to sleep.