Chapter 20 • Tracker

Matteo's POV

Normally I can control what I'm feeling, I can push my feelings aside to make sure my brothers don't become to reckless because of theirs. But ever since the twins and Gabby got back from the mall and she had a tracker on her shoulder we've all been on edge.

It's been 2 weeks since then and we've still found out nothing on where it came from or who put it there. We've checked all the cameras in the mall that overlooked wherever Gabby and Lilli went, we talked to Lilli and she didn't see anyone close enough to Gabby to put anything on her shoulder we even dusted the tracked for fingerprints and still nothing. Antonio wanted to talk to Gabby and ask her what they looked like if she got a good look but Enzo doesn't want her to know anything, not yet.

We've increased her level of bodyguards, there's at least one at every exit of the school and two more in a car put front watching the cameras of the school. Their far enough away for her to not notice them but close enough to get to her in time if she was in danger.

I was on my way to our home gym before Lorenzo found me and told me to meet him in his office on the third floor.

At his office I knocked before going in to find Leo and our tech guy, Evan, with his computer out. He's a scrawny guy who just turned twenty. He started working for us about a year ago after he hacked into Lorenzo's bank account and stole about five grand from us to pay for his sisters medical bills, normally Enzo wouldn't tolerate stealing but when he met the guy and realized how smart he was he gave him a choice, work for us or die, now he's one of our most trusted men and has a house fully paid for that him and his sister live in.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat in the chair opposite Lorenzo and next to Ian.

"Evan found something interesting on the cameras from the mall." Lorenzo sat behind his desk with his chin resting against his hand while he looked like he was calculating something. Enzo nodded at Evan who set his laptop on the desk and made it so it was facing me and Leo.

"These are the cameras facing the hallway for the woman's restroom. If you look closely you can see Gabriella walk into the hallway and then not long after you can see a man walk there as well."

He pressed play and just like he said Gabby walked into the hallway and then five minutes later so does a man. We couldn't see the bathroom door due to the camera angle but we could see Gabby start to head out of the hallway before bumping into the guy who plants his hand on her shoulder before walking away.

The recording stops just as she heads back to their table.

"So he just walked away after? He didn't stay to talk?" Leo asked with anger lacing his tone.

"Apparently not. He was smart, he knew that if he stayed Antonio or Emilio would see him. He also knew she had bodyguards wandering around due to how quick he got away from her." Enzo said calmly while staring at the computer with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Can you zoom in, get a closer look at his face and figure out who he is?" I asked while Evan started scrambling with the papers in his hand before giving one to each of us.

"Uh I already did. His names Ivan Abramov, he has a hefty criminal record but got off on them all due to lack of evidence." I looked down at the paper, he would look like a normal middle aged man if it weren't for the scar going across his left eyebrow stopping just above his eyelid.

"Does he have any family?" Leo asked while scrutinizing the picture before looking up at Evan.

"Um no his father snapped when he was ten and killed his mother and brother before attempting to kill Ivan who ended up shooting his father with a shotgun." Evan explained

"What happened to him after that?" We looked a Enzo who seemed to have just come out of his thoughts.

"I don't know, after that there's nothing on him, it's like he turned into a ghost." Evan explained.

"His names Russian. Where did he live with his family?" Evan scrambles through his papers before focusing on one.

"He lived in Astrakhan, it's in Russia." It's all coming together.

"Ok so we know now it's the Russian mafia but why are they targeting Ella?" Leo questioned while pacing the room.

"It can't be as simple as them wanting to take us down, everyone's saying how they're getting quiet they're planning something big." I explained as everything came together in my mind.

"Evan Ella's stepfather, John Griffin, search that name." Enzo commanded while standing up and coming around his table towards the computer.

"Why are we worrying about him right now? As much as I want to kill him we should be worrying about the Russians!" Leo looked like he was gonna punch one of us any second.

"It's not a coincidence that we haven't been able to find John. Nobody would be able to hide their location from mafias could do that unless they're involved with one themselves."  Enzo explained while we all waited impatiently for Evan to complete his search.

"Nothing, John Griffin doesn't even exist until a few years ago."

"So that's an alias. Is there any photos of him, anything that can help us figure out his real name?" We waited while he looked through his computer.

"No, wait there's one photo of a guy at the bank but do you even know it's him? The safest bet is to have Gabriella identify him." I looked at the photo he pulled up, the date was a few days before we got the call about Ella, a few days before he left.

"No need it's him." I knew it was him no matter how blurry the photo was just the date told me that.

"Your sure?" He questioned looking at me as I nodded my head which caused him to start to zoom in on the photo and make it as clear as he could.

"I can't find his name, whoever he is to them he's important. They created a lot of barriers just to find his name let alone find out where he is." Leo started pacing even more while gripping his hair. "But I might be able to find Ivan it'll just take awhile." Evan was looking at Lorenzo waiting for his command, we all were.

"How long will it take?" I asked.

"It could take a few hours or even a few days, it all depends on how bad they wanted to hide him." Lorenzo went back to his seat behind his desk while watching the computer with a terrifying look on his face. He nodded at Evan and that was all he needed to go ahead.

"Now what?" I looked at Leo who seemed to have calmed down and was back to wearing his emotionless face. I looked at Lorenzo who was about to answer Leo's question without taking his eyes off the computer.

"Now we wait." And that was what we did. We waited for the location of the man who threatened our baby sisters life.

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

What do you think is gonna happen next?

I hope you all have an amazing day😊