Chapter 16 • Friends

If you could have one super power what would it be? I've always thought flying would be cool, to be free, or being able to teleport anywhere in the entire world you want, if I had teleportation I would've visited Paris to many times to count.

Being fast could be cool too you could run around the world without anyone noticing, not like they would anyway.

I was broken out of my thoughts by my chair moving an inch almost making me fall over. I looked to my left and saw Lilli laughing into her hand.

We were currently in History, and no matter how many times I try to pay attention I zone out.

"You ok there?" Lilli's face held amusement no matter how much she tried to hide it. We've had the last three classes together starting with English, math and now history, what I've learned from the little time I've spent with Lilli is that she keeps to herself and doesn't really talk to anyone which makes me wonder why she's kept me around.

"Hm? Oh I'm fine I just..." before I could finish my sentence she was cutting me off.

"Zoned out of this boring ass class? Yah I got that when I saw you staring at the wall without blinking for who knows how long, seriously I thought you were a robot or something." She smirked at me before leaning back into her seat and covering her eyes with her beanie. Lilli is very nonchalant and doesn't really care for much, even though we haven't talked a lot in our classes I still felt comfortable next to her which is saying something since it takes a lot for me to be comfortable around someone and I just met her.

As the teacher went on and on about something I'm pretty sure half the class wasn't paying attention to, Lilli slept while I doodled in my notebook. We were sitting at the back of the classroom again which was something I'm thankful for, I'd rather have my back to the wall than to people I have no idea about who could easily sneak up on me.

I didn't realize the class was over until I saw everyone packing up there things and leaving, looking over at Lilli who was still sleeping I debated if I should wake her up or let her sleep, we both had a study hall this period, we had every class together but art.

Deciding to wake her up I leant over and tapped her on the shoulder which did nothing, tapping her a little stronger finally did the trick since she jumped up and looked like she was gonna attack someone before she noticed it was me.

I couldn't control the squeak of surprise that came out of my mouth from seeing her jump up so quick.

"Oh it's you, I thought you were someone else." She breathed a sigh of relief before noticing everyone including the teacher has left.

"Yah sorry." We packed our stuff before leaving and heading to the library for study hall.

The halls were empty except for the few lingering students who were trying to avoid going to their classes for as long as possible. When we finally got to the library we chose the bean bag chairs in the corner to sit it, they were very comfortable and I felt as if I could fall asleep in them.

"So how has your first day been in this hellhole so far." Lilli kicked her feet up onto the bookshelf next to us before looking over at me.

"It's been good so far, I mean it's just school it can't be that bad right?" The second I said this she looked over at me with a devilish smirk.

"Ella you've been with me all day so you haven't met anyone else yet so believe me when I tell you this, the people here suck and their all fake and they'll eat you up and spit you out. Seriously you need to be careful of them." She sounded concerned for me. Everything she was saying made me more nervous.