Chapter 10 • John

I felt like I've slept long enough for it to be a lifetime. I don't remember how I ended up asleep but I remember waking up on a hard, wooden, sticky floor. I remember opening my eyes to see a dirty old roof, one that I remember to well. I sat up and looked around the small dirty house with that same disgusting couch that haunts me every time I close my eyes.

The couch where I lost my innocence on. Where he took the one thing that I was supposed to control away from me.

I stand up on shaky feet and can already feel the tears starting to blur my vision. Looking around trying to figure out what's going on it finally hits me where I am.

No. No this cannot be happening. How am I back here? Why am I back here, why can I never escape him?

Where are my brothers? Did they let me come here? I can hear my heart pounding in my ears to the point where I think I'm going deaf. I wonder if anyone else can hear it.

Thud

I can hear my breathing coming out in pants like I've just run a marathon. I can feel my legs start to give out from under me but I can't feel it when my body hits the ground, almost like I'm immune to the pain at this point.

Thud

I can feel my hands shake as I brought them up to my neck trying to breathe. I can feel the tears running down my face like the rain pouring down on a windowsill.

Thud

I know he's coming, I can feel it. I can hear his boots pounding on the doorstep before the door slams open to the point where it falls off its hinges.

Thud

I hesitantly lift my head to look up and at the doorway. The first thing I see is a blurry outline of someone standing in the doorway, but I could recognize who it is just by the darkness and the pure fear that he brings with him everywhere he goes.

I already know what's gonna happen even before he takes his first step out of the darkness and into the small light of the room just by that wicked grin that seems to always be on repeat on my brain.

I try to back up up I'm stopped by the wall as it bangs into me from behind. He continued to walk towards me with that evil glint in his eyes. I can feel the fear run through me just from that one look from him.

"Aww don't worry sweetheart, I promise not to hurt you. Yet." I can feel the sob rack through my body just by the way he sneered sweetheart. I knew that the 'yet' was gonna come soon, he never liked to wait to long to get his punishment over and done with.

I knew how much he hated begging but I couldn't help it, it was the only thing I could do in this moment.

"Ple..please. Please st...stop." I shook my head to get my point across more since I couldn't stop sobbing while begging for him to skip this one time, but I knew it was pointless, he never understood what the word 'no' or 'stop' was.

"Oh babygirl you should know by now how much I hate beggars." I knew what was coming the second his smile widened, but I still couldn't stop my self from crying even more when he backhanded me, sending me crashing to floor again. I brought my hand up to my flaming red cheek even though I couldn't feel anything. I've been numb to the pain for a long time. Too long.

"Don't worry Ella before we have our fun I have a few people who would like to talk to you." I hated it when he made me feel like this. Feel hopeless, and pointless but most of all I hated when he made me feel broken. But at the end of the day that's all I really was. Just a broken little girl who people only tolerate her.