Chapter 13 • Change

Gabriella's POV

I remember my mother used to tell me that for you to get out of the storm you need to bloom into a beautiful flower. I never understood what she meant until her wedding day when she told me that in order to bloom you need to find your sunshine, and I can't help wonder if I'll ever find my sunshine. I remember my mom used to say that growing up I was always her sunshine.

Waking up all the memories from last night and what happened came flooding back. I remember screaming because of that horrifying nightmare that I will my brain to forget, I remember all my brothers in my room trying to wake me up and then when I finally did I was choking myself while trying to breathe in oxygen, but what I remember the most of, was my conversation with Lorenzo and how he held me when I told him the worst thing that John could've ever done to me. What he took from me.

I woke up with a slight migraine, I was neatly tucked in to my fluffy white blanket. When I looked at the time it was already noon and I was supposed to start school today. I completely forgot about that but I guess those plans changed since nobody came to wake me up.

Getting out of bed I walked into the bathroom and walked past the mirror, I almost fell at the sight. I attempted to pull my hair out of the hair tie holding what was supposed to be a bun on the top of my head  but instead resembled a birds nest. Looking at my face I could see that my dark green eyes are now puffy and bloodshot from all my crying. I attempted to brush my hair to get all the nots out, which only made it worse because in the end it looked like I got electrocuted by how frizzy it is. Feeling to tired to deal with it I just put it into a loose ponytail before washing my face with cold water and brushing my teeth.

Going into the closet as if I was on auto pilot I went to get changed out of my pajamas from the night before. I changed into plain black legging with a light blue hoodie.

I don't remember getting dressed or walking out of my room and towards the kitchen

I don't remember getting dressed or walking out of my room and towards the kitchen. When I arrived at the destination my body took me without getting permission from my mind, I immediately stopped in my tracks at the sight of my second oldest and most compassionate brother who's back was facing me.

Matteo.

He was making himself a cup of coffee while typing something on his phone. I could feel tears start to come to my eyes just at the sight of him. As he turned around I could feel my body taking me to him just like it took me to the kitchen as if I was in search for him. It felt like hours before my body collided into his as my tiny arms wrapped around his torso. He stumbled backwards before catching himself and wrapping his arms around me, capturing me in one of his hugs that my body longed for.

I don't know why I felt the need to sneak attack him into a hug but I didn't care, I just buried my face into his chest inhaling his comforting scent of coffee and a hint of cologne, but not the strong kind where it could give you a headache.