Chapter 37 • Landscapes

Gabriella's POV

"Rise and shine sunshine!" I squint my eyes as my body begs for me to go back to sleep.

I barely even notice as he tugs my head up by my hair.

"Aww come on, keep those eyes open for me. I've got a nice surprise for you one I think will make you happy." I barely resist as he pulls me up and forces me to walk.

I'm so tired.

"Man I can't wait to see your face, I just know you'll love it!" I can hear the maniacal grin in his voice.

My bare feet turn numb as we continue down the cold hallway.

He sets me down in a chair in front of a bunch of computers before pulling up a chair for himself.

The cameras are off but there's so many of them it reminds me of a security room.

My heart starts racing when he smiles at me with a deranged look in his eyes.

What's going on.

My eyes water at the sudden light from the screens before they start to focus. Looking closer I feel a tightness in my chest at the sight of Luca typing something on his computer in the kitchen.

Letting a breath of disbelief out my lips start to twitch into a smile before it falls and my body turns cold.

My brows furrow as a girl walks into the kitchen wearing my clothes, it wasn't till she turned around that I finally saw her face.

I hold my breath as I watch someone who looks exactly like me talk with my brother, laugh with, and sit with him as if she were me.

It wasn't even seeing her that hurt the most, it was seeing how Luca acted around her.

He acts around her the same way he does with me.

Or did.

I feel the prickle of tears behind my eyes but I force them to stay there, I'm done crying.

I'm done with everything.

I don't even flinch as a hard hand comes down on my shoulder breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Now wasn't that a nice surprise? Now you don't need to worry, your brothers are perfectly fine without you." I feel my stomach churn at his words.

No don't believe him. He's lying.

"You lying." The whisper of words sound so loud in the silence of this room.

"Hm well then we can sit here all day and watch the way they all treat her. How they care for her, protect her, laugh with her, love her." He smiles.

Each word was like a dagger to my heart stabbing over and over but that last word, that last word was like a sledgehammer and I watched as the little piece of my heart left shattered to the floor unable to be glued back together this time.

My breath comes out shallow as the pounding in my head worsens.

"Okay." I finally look up into the eyes of pure evil. "You won."