Chapter 5 • Lets Go Shopping

The car ride was weird Emilio kept trying to play Taylor Swift while Matteo just wanted to listen to the radio, and then Emilio went on an entire rant on how Taylor Swift is the best human and songwriter ever...

Needless to say we listened to Taylor Swift the rest of the ride to the mall.

When we got there it was surprisingly not that busy considering it was Saturday, so far we've been to 5 stores so far and in every single one Emilio made me try on about 20 different outfits, surprisingly he's got good taste in clothing. We've been to expensive stores which I felt bad about because I didn't want to spend any of there money but they've reassured me more than once that it was ok.

Now we were in another store just looking around, everything in here was way over my personal budget but Matteo would end up buying the entire store if I didn't pick out one thing.

After a little while I found a gorgeous dress on a mannequin, it was a dark blue with tiny white polka dots covering it, it was long sleeved with a high collar but the top part of the dress was loose, there was also a small ribbon around the waist.

Matteo must have seen me looking at it because he started asking the sales lady if there was a small in that dress. It was a really pretty dress but I don't know how much it was so I reached for the price tag to check it, it was $50 just for the dress.

"Don't worry about the price Tesoro." I jumped as Matteo came back with the dress on hand, I still am not used to nor do I like them sneaking up on me.

"It's fine Matteo I really don't need it." I tried to get him to put the $50 dress back, I thought it was pretty but I don't even know what I would wear it to.

"No don't worry about it I want to spoil you Gabs." I could feel my cheeks heat up, I wasn't used to all this special treatment.

Emilio came up right then to complain about how hungry he was so we paid for the clothes Matteo got for me and then headed towards the food court.

We ended up just getting some McDonald's I just got a six piece chicken nuggets with small fries and a small drink, Matteo just got some burger and a drink while Emilio got a ten piece chicken nuggets a large fry and a Big Mac, but that's not even the weirdest part, he finished it all. Within 8 minutes while I'm struggling with the food I have.

Matteo ended up finishing his food a little while ago to so now they were just waiting for me to finish eating.

In the middle of Emilio and Matteo's conversation about who can fit the most fries in their mouth which Emilio started, Matteo's phone started ringing he looked at it before saying that he had to take it and sending a pointed look at Emilio who's facial expression became a lot more serious than it was only moments ago, and walking away.

Looking back at Emilio who had a dazed look on his face before blinking out of it and giving me back his goofy smile.

After I finished eating I told Emilio that I was going to the bathroom, walking in there was two girls who looked a few years older than me with clothes tight skirts and shirts, they were also wearing pretty high heels and platforms which made me feel bad for their feet. Their faces were covered in makeup that makes them look like they stepped off the set of euphoria, I couldn't help but stare at the glitter covering they're eyes and cheekbones as they walked away.

I wish I had the confidence for that makeup.

As I walked out of the stall they both stopped talking and just looked me up and down before leaving the bathroom, when I finished washing and drying my hands I looked into the mirror, I smiled I haven't seen myself smile in so long it felt weird, to weird so I dropped the smile I looked more normal without it anyway.