Chapter 14 • Explosive

Thank you so much to Nimbus_firebolt for making me such a beautiful cover

Thank you so much to Nimbus_firebolt for making me such a beautiful cover. Do you guys think I should change my book cover to this or keep the one I have?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was looking forward to school, that's why I was upset when Lorenzo first told me that I was taking the rest of the week off. That was Monday and it's already Friday. The days went by fast, I mostly stayed in my room reading and doing the schoolwork that Lorenzo got for me. Even though I was upset about taking the week off a part of me was grateful for it because I got to spend more time with my brothers, well mostly Matteo seeing as the others were busy or didn't want to 'babysit me' as Antonio so kindly put it.

Throughout the week Clara came over a few times. It was fun we watched movies a lot and she even convinced Matteo to watch romance movies which he ended up falling asleep to not even halfway through, which then ended to us using Clara's makeup on his face.

As much fun that I've had with them this week I could feel myself holding back and watching what I say around them. All my brothers so far have walked around my feelings this week. Even Antonio has, he's only glared at me once this week, for a second I thought I was in a different dimension.

I found out this morning when I woke up that I was meeting with Clara later today for a therapy session which I wasn't looking forward to. Even if I did need it I didn't want to say that to anyone. I'm scared that if I admit it, then a it's real and I actually have to face it.

But that's not till later which means I don't have to think about it till later. Right now all I had to figure out and focus on was my next move, one wrong movie and it's over, I lose.

I hover my hand over a piece before pulling it back and clenching my hand into a fist. No matter what move I make I always end up losing. Some people might think I'm a sore loser but I'm really not, I just like to win.

I scrunched my eyebrows together while my eyes scan the board looking for a move to make. At the sound of someone trying to contain my laughter, I look up at Matty and give him a glare that wouldn't even scare a puppy before moving a piece and looking at him.

He looks at me with a smirk before moving one of his game pieces and saying the one word that made me want to tackle him.

"Checkmate." I look at the chess board before throwing myself on the couch. I was normally always good with chess, I always beat my mom whenever we played but that was the fifth time he's beat me and I really wanna throw my queen at his head, yell checkmate and leave. But then I'd feel guilty after five seconds of doing it.

Curse you heart.

Instead I just settled for saying the words I've been wanting to say for the last few hours but my pride wouldn't let me. "I give up."