Chapter 4 • Oh Brothers!

Waking up was different this morning, it was peaceful I wasn't waking up to someone yelling or slapping me, I just woke up myself.

I didn't even have a nightmare which is rare I almost always get nightmares when I'm asleep and then wake up and I'm still in a nightmare, but not this time 1 because I dreamed of a dark abyss a peaceful one at that and 2 I woke up in my dream room, on a bed that so comfortable that I wanted to stay in it, but I didn't I never liked staying in bed after I wake up because John would always come looking for me if I was up and had breakfast ready for him by 7am.

Checking the time I find it 8:30 am I have never slept so late in a long time. Getting out of bed I head into the bathroom to already find shampoo and conditioner along with body wash and a loofah all scented lavender, which is my second favorite flower besides sunflowers.

I undressed after turning the water on burning hot and looked in the mirror, I don't even know who's looking back at me anymore I haven't for the past 2 years my forest green eyes which were full of light and creativity are just dull and broken now my face got more thinner from all the meals I wasn't aloud to eat, and my skin has gotten paler compared to my already fair skin, and dark almost black wavy hair that reached my waist, I haven't cut it in so long I should probably do that soon.

I looked down at my collar bone to find all the bruises he left while traumatizing me in the process. I won't lie and say that the thought of him coming back for me and finding me hasn't crossed my mind because it has I'm sacred that he will find me, I'm scared that if he does I'll be right back in my never ending nightmare except that time I won't get out of it.

As the bathroom started to steam up I hopped into the shower, I always loved the way the water would burn my skin. The shower was always my safe haven I was lucky that the bathroom had a lock on the door at my old house otherwise he would've come in, the shower was the only place I ever allowed my emotions to show through, where no one could see me or hear me over the running water and where no one would judge me.

Getting out of the shower I feel much more relaxed and refreshed, going into the big empty walk in closet where my bag is I go through what little clothes I have and pick out jeans with rips in the knees that happened overtime instead of me buying them like that and a hoodie that's a size to big for me but it cover the bruises on my collarbone and wrists.

I didn't know what to do so I just decided to put my clothes in my closet. It looked better with some clothes in it but it would look like a dream closet if it were full.

Checking the time to find that it's 9:15 I don't know what else to do so I start making my way out of my room.

I don't hear any voices so I guess I have to find the kitchen by myself even though I'm not that hungry I know I should eat a little bit of something if they let me.

Walking down the wide and modern hallway and passed a door that was open an inch, I peeked in to see that it was a library they had there own library and not just a small one no they have their own Beauty and the Beast library I've dreamed of being able to enter someplace like this. The room has shelves on shelves of books all around with a step ladder to reach up high, along with a beautiful big window with lounge chairs in front of it and at the back of the library they have a magnificent wide fireplace with more lounge chairs in front of it.

It was like I'm in a daze as I walked in and gazed at all of the shelves filled to the brim of books, I walked closer to one of the shelves and brushed my fingers against the books as I was doing this I came across one of my favorite novels Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin, I grabbed the book off the shelf it looked as if it were brand new I looked at the fireplace right next to the windows and I walked over and sat on the fluffy carpet instead of the chairs, I ran my fingers through the carpet it was like petting a dog, I opened the book and began to read it wasn't like I knew where the kitchen was anyway.