Untitled Part 41

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

We all meet in Dr. Green's office at the hospital for a family meeting. Well, all of us but Sang and Luke. Sang is with Erika and Jessica  and Luke is asleep with Uncle watching him. We aren't about to leave either of them alone any time soon.

The only people who know what happened are Dr. Green, Mr. Taylor, and I. We simply told everyone to meet here for a family meeting,

I don't exactly know where to start. To be honest, I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I look to Dr. Green to help, but he shrugs telling me that he is no better than I am.

Best to just be blunt about it. "The oldest Mr. Taylor attempted suicide." There is a collective gasp and a flurry of conversation. I clear my throat. " how do we want to proceed?"

Mr. Lee looks to Dr. Green. "How is he doing physically?" I silently communicate to Dr. Green to tell everything, secrets will get us nowhere. . "He is stable. He had quite a bit of blood loss. He had cut very deep into his wrist among other cuts elsewhere on his body. He got stitches on the major one on his wrist. It seems like he has been cutting for a while now." Mr. Lee nods in understanding . He looks pained, but he is putting on a strong face for the team. He knows he is the example, and I can tell he is pushing his emotions aside for now and being objective about this.

"Okay, our first step is getting him the help he needs," he looks to me. "Already done, he is meeting with Dr. Setters."

"Then we have to reaffirm to him that he matters to us and ensure that he won't do it again."

"How do you think I should make sure he doesn't try again?" asks Mr. Taylor, his voice raw with emotion. He is internalizing it, he believes it is his fault. Mr. Morgan replies, "Just be there North, that is all any of us can do right now." His voice wavers, like he is holding back tears.

"The meeting is dismissed. Visit him, see if you can get him to talk." They all rush off, aside from Dr. Green and Mr. Lee. After Dr. Green finally makes his way out the door, Mr. Lee lets his barriers fall and I see just how close he is to breaking down.