Untitled Part 58

He gets straight to business. "This is how this is going to work," he begins sternly, "You will all be talking to me one on one, getting a physical examination, and a mental health screening." All of the nod their assent. "Owen, you are first. The rest of you into the hallway." He makes a shooing motion with his hands.

~Owen's POV~

        I pull off my glasses to clean them. Nervous habit I guess. He settle back into his chair. I fidget. I can't keep still. He places his hands together. My anxiety levels shoot through the roof.

        "Owen. Care to explain why you team, your family, is in shambles?" He says it casually, as if we were having just a normal conversation. I don't have an answer for him. The pills make it hard to focus. It's better that way.

        "I'm sorry sir. I think it is my responsiblity to my family to resign from my posistion of leadership." He leans onto his elbow, searching for my meaning. "Request denied. Now answer the question." My mouth goes dry.

        "Um... what was the question?" I legitimately can not remember. "Quit stalling. Why is your family in shambles?"

        "A close family friend was kidnapped," I reply vaguely. "Sang Sorenson?" I nod. "She has been notified of Lucian's attempted suicide along with the rest of your team's adoptees." I'm stunned.

        "W-what? Why?" He gives me a cold condescending look. "Lucian needs a support system. He obviously isn't getting any help from you all, otherwise this wouldn't have happened... again. We took the matters of his health into our own hands. Dr. Robert's is ready for you." 

        As I turn to leave the room only one thought runs through my head. It pounds to the beat my head throbs. I'm a fucking failure.