Untitled Part 57

Dr. Green's POV

His breathing is shallow as I approach. He isn't lucid. His pulse has ground to a near stop. Fuck. "Luke I swear to god..." He can't die,  I say to myself as his rib breaks under CPR. Luke won't die. Shit. He might die.

I stop CPR nearly as quickly as I started. It won't help in this case. I heft him over my shoulder and sprint to my care

Hurry up. Hurry up. I don't have time for traffic.

I pull up to the door, toss my keys as one of the attendants and dash to the door. I push him on a gurney into a room as a group of nurses follow. "Get Dr. Roberts and a blood transfusion. Now."

Three doctors come with dr. Roberts and practically push me out of the room. Stupid rules. I am able to work. I should be helping Luke.

I text Owen to get everyone to the hospital. They are all out in the waiting room. I can't face them. I pace up and down the hallway.

Two hours later Dr. Roberts comes out. The others are still in there. "Meet me in my office," he says shortly.

The rest of my family files into the room. We all wait in expectation as Dr. Roberts doesn't move from the doorway.

"Luke went into hypovolemic shock. He is currently stable but it was a close call. I am going back down to help finish up. Stay here. Someone is here to speak to you." He turns on his heel and walks out.

Mr. Landers makes his way in. A man I had only ever heard of. The head of the Academy.