forty five.

The Wait

It had been several days.

Several long days of nothing out of the ordinary.

Jungkook and Taehyung weren't sure what to expect. The days went by as if Jaehyun and Jiyoon never existed. Of course, they did as they agreed to.

Don't panic and stay calm.

But it was hard to not be constantly worried.

They really had no idea what Jaehyun and Jiyoon were up to or when they would strike.

"Jungkook. Should I really be going to work? Shouldn't I stay here with Nara and the kids? I'm not sure if we should trust this babysitter." Taehyung asked Jungkook as they were both getting ready for work as they haven't attended in a few days.

Jungkook looked over at his lover then back into the mirror as he finished his tie.

"Didn't we agree to acting like normal? Besides, Jimin recommended this baby sitter. We trust him, right?"

He asked as he walked up to Taehyung who just sighed.

"I guess you're right. I'm just.. I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling." He said quietly as he glanced at the ground and Jungkook pursed his lips before he grabbed his shoulders gently. The older placed a kiss on his forehead and smiled at him.

"Everything will be okay, baby. Let's just try and have a good day at work, hmm?" He said softly and Taehyung looked up and nodded.

"Okay."

"One matcha latte with whipped cream and a dark chocolate almond biscotti. Enjoy your food, ma'am!"

Jung Ah smiled at the waitress and looked at her delicious drink. She took a sip when a tall and slender handsome man approached her.

"Hello, Mrs. Lee? I'm so sorry that I am late." He spoke with an apologetic smile and she chuckled, shaking her head.

"It's okay. You're the interviewer right?"

He nodded and told her his name and company while laying out a few items.

"I'm sure you're a busy woman so I won't keep you here any longer than you have to. Shall we start-"

Suddenly, Jung An's phone began to ring and she raised a brow then looked at her phone. "Ah, sorry. One second."

She answered the call.

"Taehyung, baby~."

Taehyung sat in his office, staring out the window as he chewed on the second knuckle of his pinky as he was lost in thought when he decided to dial his mother's phone number.

It rang almost three times before the call was picked up.

"Taehyung, baby."

"Hello mother, what are you up to today?" He asked as he drummed his fingers against his chair's armrest. 

"Oh, I'm having an interview at the moment. With uh... I'm sorry sir, what is your name again?"