Extra #1 - Welcome Home

"Momma!"

Taehyung was drawn out of his thoughts and looked over his shoulder to see a little girl running for her life with a red face full of tears

"Nara? What's wrong?" He said, holding his arms out to her as she ran to him.

"A B-Bird!" She pointed frantically in the direction in front of them and saw a big bird flying above them. Taehyung knew his daughter was afraid of birds, so he quickly swatted his arm at the animal until it eventually got scared and flew off quickly. He looked back down at Nara to make sure she was okay. They both made eye contact.

Nara looked around just to confirm that, indeed, that big scary bird was gone. She kept pouting and pouting until she was finally able to get her breathing steady. Taehyung rubbed her back and then looked at her again to wipe her tears away.

"Why did you come out to the garden, Nara?"

"Because- Grandma's boring."

"Did she just call me? Boring?"

The two looked behind them and saw a familiar older woman with her arms crossed and looking at the ground with a huff. "Yes, I did, grandma," Nara said with no hesitation. Jung-An scoffed at her granddaughter's bluntness but she couldn't get upset over it. She had the same attitude as her son after all.

"How're the flowers, Taehyung? I just got them planted. I hope you love them." Jung-An said, nodding her chin towards the blue spider lilies. Taehyung smiled softly and nodded, standing up with his daughter in his arms. "They're gorgeous. I tried to grow spider lilies back at home, but I never had any success with them." He said with disappointment in his voice.

Jung-An laughed. "You love flowers and plants but never had a green thumb. I heard Jungkook must water and take care of your plants for you because you always kill them." She teased and Taehyung rolled his eyes gently. "They're just too weak." He said with a huff and Nara looked up at her momma.

"Momma, you are a bad flower-er."

"Flower-er?" Jung-An said with a raised brow at the made-up word. Nara looked proud of herself while Taehyung felt betrayed by his own kid. But nonetheless, they laughed and enjoyed the moment.

-

"I'm so sad you are already leaving," Jung-An said as she watched her son buckle Nara into a car seat. He looked back over his shoulder at her and then back at Nara to finish buckling the seat belt. "It feels like we just got here, huh? I've missed Seoul so much." He said with a frown.

"Why don't you and Jungkook just move here? Beomsoo and Bora need to explore their roots more and Nara? When do you plan on teaching her Korean? Do you plan on being a mainly English household?"

"I do speak Korean around her and the other two, mom. She'll speak it when she's ready. She does understand, doesn't she?" Taehyung said in response to his mother's random nagging. "And as for us moving home to Seoul... it's complicated. Jungkook has his reasons and I respect them."

Jung-An sighed and leaned to the side. "Is it because of his lacking relationship with his own parents? I'm sure it can be fixed."

"Mom."

"I'm just saying. What did Jungkook exactly do as a young adult for his parents to disown him?"

Taehyung just shook his head and refused to answer that question. He kissed Nara on the forehead before closing the back car door. "I must get going, mom. The flight home leaves in a few hours and you know how traffic is." He said to her. She frowned but nodded as she knew she couldn't do anything about it. "Don't be a stranger, ok? Make sure to visit more often." She said as they hugged each other.