forty seven.

TW: light violence

Taehyung continued to watch, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel of his car. His leg shook and he would look back and forth from his rearview mirror to the huge ominous manor in front of him. 

"Jungkook, where are you....?" Taehyung wondered quietly and chewed on his bottom lip. He checked his phone and there was nothing.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated and Taehyung jumped from it. He then looked at the notification on his phone.

Mom: Tik tok, Taehyungie. Don't you want to save poor mommy dearest? :(

Taehyung gritted his teeth at the message, feeling his heart pang. He looked away while tsking and stared out at the rain hitting the puddles just on the other side of the street.

"Should I just go in?" He debated back and forth with himself then he clicked his tongue and got out of the car.

"Inside, now." 

Jungkook groaned as he was pushed into the apartment and he went to turn around but before he could do so, he was hit in the back of the head by the end of the gun holding him hostage. He fell to the ground onto his knees from the impact and his hand immediately went to the throbbing spot.

Jimin looked at Jungkook then at the man then back at Jungkook, moving to help him up off the ground.

"Leave him. Sit down on the ground with your hands behind your head." The man said then looked at everyone.

"All of you."

All three of them listened, Beomsoo's tiny sobs of confusion filled the apartment. "Shut up you brat." The man said while restraining their wrists together with zipties and Jungkook scowled at him.

"Don't talk to him like that." Jungkook said sharply with his jaw jutting out. "You shut up too unless you're being spoken to." The man responded, pointing the gun at him.

The man looked at them cautiously then pulled out his phone, looking at the photo he had on his screen. He then looked up and counted the people in the room.

"1... 2.. 3..." He then furrowed his brows and turned the phone towards Jungkook. "Where's the girl and the baby?" The man said and Jungkook looked at the picture then up at the man.

"No idea. They're not here though." He answered and the man scoffed. "You have no idea where your daughters are?" He said as if he had the audacity to be judging his parenting right now. Jungkook scoffed back.

The man then turned to Jimin.

"Where are they?"

Jimin looked at Jungkook then at the man. "The girl is at school still studying for exams." He lied (which is something he happened to be good at.)

The man then tapped the screen. "And the baby? Why isn't she here?"

"She's in daycare. Sunny Hill 24/7 Daycare. Both parents work until late. You expect a baby that young to be here when the parents aren't?" Jimin said with a bit of an attitude and ended up getting smacked by the end of the gun in the face. "Save the smart ass comments. Piss me off and I don't mind removing your tiny pesky ass existence from this earth."

Jimin went silent and looked away.

The man then stood up and made a phone call.

Jungkook looked at Beomsoo to make sure he was OK then at Jimin. The blonde just nodded then glanced over Jungkook's shoulder. There, he saw Bora standing there with Nara in her carrier. Jimin quickly looked at the man then back at her. He shook his head with wide eyes and moved his head to the side as if to tell her to get back into the bedroom.

Jungkook looked over as well as he caught Jimin's gestures and glances.

"Get help." Her father mouthed at her. She looked hesitant and worried but nonetheless, she quietly went back inside the bedroom.

Bora put the pacifier into Nara's mouth to help keep her quiet. "Sssh, baby sister. No noise, ok?" She whispered to her and petted the top of her head.

She looked around then at the window. She hurried over as quietly as possible and opened the window, escaping onto the fire escape with her sister in tow. She gasped under her breath when the metal underneath her creaked and quickly looked behind her.

When it seemed like she didn't get caught, she moved down to the floor one story underneath. With shaky hands, she pulled out her phone and called for help.

The man got off the phone and looked at them. He went to speak to the hostages when he heard a knock at the door. He narrowed his eyes and held his gun out as he approached the door, looking out the tiny peephole.

When he recognized the person at the door, he unlocked it and opened it for them.

"Fucking finally. You take so long to answer the door." A familiar voice groaned out and entered the apartment. A woman that nobody wanted to see again approached the hostages and she smiled wide.

"Wooooow, Jungkook. I never thought I'd see you in restraints. It's usually me." She winked with a bit of a chaotic laugh.

"Fuck you, Jiyoon." Jungkook spat at her, actually managing to get his spit on her shoe. She groaned and wiped it off. "So nasty." Jiyoon complained.

"Why do you still have to exist?" Jimin spoked out at her and she looked over at the tiny minion that she once fought with.

"Shut up you tiny rat." She said with a brush of her hand as if she was sweeping him away.

"Bitch, I'll fucking knock your ass out with a pan again." Jimin said, squirming around with his zipties. Jiyoon gave him a dirty look and turned to the man.

"Where's my baby?" She said and the man went to speak when Jungkook spoke over him. "She's not your child. She'll never be your child so stop calling her yours." He said angrily and Jiyoon pouted, crouching down in front of him.

"Oh, my handsome ex husband. You see? After tonight, the only person she'll have to call family will be me and Jaehyun. It's only right for me to call her my baby." She said, lifting Jungkook's chin up and Jungkook's eyes widened.

"What the fuck do you-"

"Anyways." She looked over at Beomsoo. "My baby boy. Where are your sisters?" She said sweetly, rubbing her fingers through his hair. He moved away from her and scowled.

She blinked at his attitude and frowned heavily, drawing her hand across his face. "Don't you dare look at me that way, you shit." She yelled at him and Beomsoo cried out in pain.

"Beomsoo!" Jungkook then looked at his ex wife. "What the fuck, Jiyoon?!" He yelled and she just shrugged.

"I'll find my babies one way or another." She said as she stood up and went over to the man to finish hearing what he had to say.

Jungkook and Jimin both watched them then looked at each other. This whole time, Jimin was actually messing with the zipties with the tiny credit card knife he had in his back pocket and had managed to undo the zip tie.

While keeping his hands behind his back, he showed Jungkook how they were freed and Jungkook nodded, having the knife passed over to him. He quickly undid the zipties himself and they both looked at each other again.

Jungkook looked at the man and Jiyoon then back at the other.

They both nodded and jumped up from their spots after the two.

~

IT TOOK ME FOREVER BUT IT IS HERE