twelve.

No Word From You

"Taehyung? As in Kim Taehyung? The guy you just met?"

"Yeah!"

Jungkook looked at her with a confused expression on his face. "You want me to invite Taehyung to our daughter's birthday party?" He said again and Jiyoon rolled her eyes.

"Yes. I want him to come." She responded with a bit of a irritated tone.

"Why? You barely know him and Bora doesn't even know who he is." He asked, leaning against the counter. "Baby, I think it would be nice to invite him. You hardly have any friends!" Jiyoon reasoned and Jungkook sighed.

"I just-"

"You're acting so weird about it. What? Is he like your secret lover or something?" Jiyoon said with a straight face and Jungkook looked at her in silence.

"I'm just kidding baby. Don't take it so hard. I know you're not gay." She laughed and smacked his thigh playfully. Jungkook laughed along, scratching his cheek and looking away.

"But anyways. Invite Taehyung. Seriously." She reiterated with a much more strict tone of voice before leaving the kitchen to put the food on the table. Jungkook watched her leave before sighing and rubbing the side of his face harshly.

"Aren't you coming to the table, dad?" Beomsoo said, looking at his father with a raised brow when he saw him just standing there. "Ah, yeah. Yeah." He said as he joined the rest of his family at the dinner table.

Later that night, Jungkook was on his phone and watching some weird videos on YouTube when Jiyoon came walking out of the bathroom.

"Did he respond to you?" She asked after seeing Jungkook on the phone. The latter looked up with a raised brow, "What?" He responded before looking back down at his video.

"You texted Taehyung the invite right? Did he respond yet?"

"Oh. Uh, no. Not yet." Jungkook lied. Actually, he forgot that Jiyoon wanted him to text Taehyung. "Oh. Uhm... Okay. That's okay. Let me know if he responds. I'm going to bed, baby."

Jungkook looked back up at her when she was talking weird but shrugged it off. "Okay. I'll be there in a hour or two." He told her and watched as she disappeared down into the apartment's hallway.

The male sat in silence and stared at the wall for a few seconds before sighing. He pulled up Taehyung's message thread and waved his thumbs over his screen as he tried to think of what to type.

Me:

Hey, Taehyung. Sorry for the late night text but next month is my daughter's birthday. She's turning 16.
You're invited to come if you would like. Here's the information....

Jungkook stared at the message for awhile before he noticed the very subtle word below his message

Taehyung:

*Read*

His heart raced slightly and he waited for a response but minutes passed without a response. Was Taehyung ignoring him?